Need a little help!

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
Alright, It's been around a week since the methylene blue dip. The infection has not halted, and in fact has spread a more on the skirt tetra. The Serpae tetras infections seem to be the same. Any tips on what to do now? Should I dip again?

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
My experience with meds is never a instant cure. Don't dip the fish anymore it will do more harm than good just be patient.
It's gotten to the point now where the skirt with the most ick can't even see his food because of the gunk on his eyes. Water Parameters are all fine too, which frustrates me more. Ammonia 0, pH 6.8 - 7.3, Nitrate 5 - 20. What can I do now?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
It's gotten to the point now where the skirt with the most ick can't even see his food because of the gunk on his eyes. Water Parameters are all fine too, which frustrates me more. Ammonia 0, pH 6.8 - 7.3, Nitrate 5 - 20. What can I do now?
Things probably would have been better by now if we knew for sure what the Black Skirt was infected with the first time around.
Please read
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/ram-cichlids-with-ich.729303/

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
Reactions: tlindsey

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
Things probably would have been better by now if we knew for sure what the Black Skirt was infected with the first time around.
Please read
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/ram-cichlids-with-ich.729303/
I know it's just been over a day, but I feel awful for this poor guy. He can barely see, he's at the top of the tank gulping for air a lot of the time, and when he's not he's trying to swim around with his skirt tetra friends. and he's covered in this black stuff. He looks like the skeleton of a fish, he can't even eat. Do I wait to see if this stuff will work? Because if it won't, I don't want my little guy suffering any longer.

Last edited:

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
I know it's just been over a day, but I feel awful for this poor guy. He can barely see, he's at the top of the tank gulping for air a lot of the time, and when he's not he's trying to swim around with his skirt tetra friends. and he's covered in this black stuff. He looks like the skeleton of a fish, he can't even eat. Do I wait to see if this stuff will work? Because if it won't, I don't want my little guy suffering any longer.
Honestly, at that point, euthanasia might be the best option; it sounds like he's far too gone, and probably won't ever recover.

Reactions: Wideglide04

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
Honestly, at that point, euthanasia might be the best option; it sounds like he's far too gone, and probably won't ever recover.
If I've seen no improvement by tomorrow, I'm going to go through with that. I'll post a picture here as well to make sure I'm making the right decision. Thank you all for your help.

Reactions: Fallen_Leaves16
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store