Need help

May 17, 2020
So I bought some Cichlids for my tank I have 4 unknown species I'm pretty sure I have an idea on a few of them ones an Albino Socolofi Cichlid ones a Red Zebra Cichlid and then another is blue and the last one looks like a Auratus Cichlid. Basically I want them to breed I really don't know much but I want to get into it and I know there mouthbreeders and I know they breed on there own pretty much. One of them which is the one that looks like a Auratus Cichlid has been moving rocks and sand out of the Colosseum thing I got in there which is sheltered and has a sand bottom. P.S THE CICHLIDS ARE THE SMAL VERSION OF THEM

SECOND QUESTION - I also bought a Firemouth Cichlid which I put with a Kissing Gourami is that okay?

Ty so much ^^

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Do you have all these fish in the same tank, the cichlids and the gourami? To breed the african cichlids, you will have to have atleast 1 male and female, since you got 4, that might have a good chance to get a pair to breed. If you have the gourami and firemouth cichlid in the same tank as the african cichlids, then there will be problems as they get older. The firemouth cichlid should be fine with the gourami if they are in a separate tank from the african cichlids.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So I bought some Cichlids for my tank I have 4 unknown species I'm pretty sure I have an idea on a few of them ones an Albino Socolofi Cichlid ones a Red Zebra Cichlid and then another is blue and the last one looks like a Auratus Cichlid. Basically I want them to breed I really don't know much but I want to get into it and I know there mouthbreeders and I know they breed on there own pretty much. One of them which is the one that looks like a Auratus Cichlid has been moving rocks and sand out of the Colosseum thing I got in there which is sheltered and has a sand bottom. P.S THE CICHLIDS ARE THE SMAL VERSION OF THEM

SECOND QUESTION - I also bought a Firemouth Cichlid which I put with a Kissing Gourami is that okay?

Ty so much ^^

Welcome aboard
Sounds like the Auratus is possibly ready to spawn. Tbh the Firemouth or Kissing Gourami doesn't belong with the Mbuna Cichlids. If one of the African got territorial and attack the Firemouth it will be doom for the Firemouth. The Kissing Gourami may be ignored.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store