Need solution for my friend

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Hi.i wanna to ask you guys for advice again.i have a friend who already bought a 10 cm clown knifefish and put it into a 45 cm long tank but already planned to move it to 100 gal or 150 gal tank i forgot it.
but.he got into just buy and dunno what fish it is-kind problem
And to my suprise,he add a senegal bichir.okay,so he know the name i guess
But,the problem is he bought two of those little monster.and correct me if i was wrong because i haven't keep that thing for almost 6 years,but isn't bichir are quite grumpy toward conspesific especially if there are only two?and he said the ckf is chasing the bichir.so i suggest to put some decoration at first.does my advice good enough or there are another option beside returning them to the shop?thanks and sorry for the grammar and boring thread

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Two senegalus together shall be fine. Shouldn't get grumpy or aggressive toward their own.

Placing some decor will help stop the ck from causing too much problems. Even among the senegalus.

But keep in mind a clown knife will get much bigger and faster than most cb senegalus out there. If it can fit in it's mouth...it could end up a meal.

Reactions: J. H. and tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Two senegalus together shall be fine. Shouldn't get grumpy or aggressive toward their own.

Placing some decor will help stop the ck from causing too much problems. Even among the senegalus.

But keep in mind a clown knife will get much bigger and faster than most cb senegalus out there. If it can fit in it's mouth...it could end up a meal.
+1

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Thanks for you guys fast response.appreciate it
But Sorry.i mean 2 endlicherii not senegal.not reading my friend message throughly.hehe
But does endli have the same temperament toward conspecific with senegal bichir?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Endli are lower jaws and a bit more aggressive. Always trying to set a pecking order for dominance. If small once bigger can try to swallow othe smaller bichirs.

Endli as it gets bigger will be fine with a clown knife.

Reactions: J. H.

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Okok.thanks a lot..o yeah.he ask me should he feed his ckf a livefeeder.i told him if it is still 10 cm or so better stick to bloodworm for hygiene and convenient reason.so should he use livefeeder or no?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I wouldn't advise live food. Then bichirs or knife may think it's tankmate could be a meal. Better to try pellets and such. This way ur fish will learn to tolerate potential tankmates. Prevent infection from feeders to your main fish.

Plus ck and bichirs should take prepped food without any problems.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Okay then.but how about frozen bloodworm cube?is it okay for them?
It's ok in the beginning to entice eating. It not a mainstay food. It has not much nutritional value.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store