New Ray..

ezman

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
Yes, not only is thats a TIGER RAY.....its a tiger ray with PEFECT TAIL....

Care to pm me how much u paid for this fellow??? In SIN, it will cost around USD 500-700 for a 7"

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Steve - thanks man

Tyson - lovely piece. It was going for 400 as a juvy. I dont see the before picture
but the after pic is niiice. How big is it now?? I will try to sunbathe it. Thanks for the tip!

Jack - it was labeled as a tiger but i wasnt really sure. Tyson and David confirmed it.

EZ - thanks bro. its got a nice long tail. Its not perfect though. i think its cut off a bit at the tip. Im not sure since i havent really taken the time to stare at it yet. :)

Its still getting used to in the tank but its ate 3-4 nightcrawlers yesterday.

ezman

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
redtailfool said:
Steve - thanks man

Tyson - lovely piece. It was going for 400 as a juvy. I dont see the before picture
but the after pic is niiice. How big is it now?? I will try to sunbathe it. Thanks for the tip!

Jack - it was labeled as a tiger but i wasnt really sure. Tyson and David confirmed it.

EZ - thanks bro. its got a nice long tail. Its not perfect though. i think its cut off a bit at the tip. Im not sure since i havent really taken the time to stare at it yet. :)

Its still getting used to in the tank but its ate 3-4 nightcrawlers yesterday.
bro, they are fussy-eaters therefore make sure u feed the fellow everyday....once they are adapt to her new environment, u will get to her colouration improving as days goes by......

Congrats to your new acquisition!!

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
thanks bro. I was aware of the fact that they are sensitive than most rays and
that they are fussy eaters. I really dont want a fussy ray but when i asked the shopkeeper to feed her worms, she started attacking on the worm before it hit the ground.

It was also eating straight out of the bag while acclimating the water. Also it was at the shop for more than 6 mos so its already used to being in captivity. At least i know its healthy. :)

Im excited on bringing out her coloration. Right now shes in a divider by herself. I would pump her up for a week or 2 and introduce her to the crew soon after. Thanks again!

ezman

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
redtailfool said:
thanks bro. I was aware of the fact that they are sensitive than most rays and
that they are fussy eaters. I really dont want a fussy ray but when i asked the shopkeeper to feed her worms, she started attacking on the worm before it hit the ground.

It was also eating straight out of the bag while acclimating the water. Also it was at the shop for more than 6 mos so its already used to being in captivity. At least i know its healthy. :)

Im excited on bringing out her coloration. Right now shes in a divider by herself. I would pump her up for a week or 2 and introduce her to the crew soon after. Thanks again!
hmm...try to feed her more with live shrimps and fishes as she is very skinny. once she is eating well, her colour will comes out by itself!

Tigrinus

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
If i saw that at my lfs i would have freaked out big time and the I would have bought it. You are lucky!! great ray. More pics please?

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
nice pick-up :) .. i have no idea as to what kind of ray it is but keep us updated as it gets settled in the tank :cheers:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store