New Stingray Home (600g)

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Thanks to all who have tried to help by giving their experiences, setup numbers and manufacturer Facts. All are being taken into consideration. What I have learned is that there are several whos setups I admire who do not use enormous flow like I would have thought and have or are having excellent success in keeping large and heavily stocked setups.
Breeding is not my goal although having the experience would be nice and exciting for my wife....:). Getting it setup correctly the first time where I dont have to tear down and redo things are my goal so I can enjoy the setup for the rest of my fishkeeping days. Dont mind tweaking and tuning here and there.

Thanks again.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Thanks to all who have tried to help by giving their experiences, setup numbers and manufacturer Facts. All are being taken into consideration. What I have learned is that there are several whos setups I admire who do not use enormous flow like I would have thought and have or are having excellent success in keeping large and heavily stocked setups.
Breeding is not my goal although having the experience would be nice and exciting for my wife....:). Getting it setup correctly the first time where I dont have to tear down and redo things are my goal so I can enjoy the setup for the rest of my fishkeeping days. Dont mind tweaking and tuning here and there.

Thanks again.
Breeding would be exciting for your wife...........?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
I am also a big believer in keeping earthworms in a rays diet. If i didnt feed earthworms i wouldnt need the huge turnover rate.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Breeding would be exciting for your wife...........?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
LOL, guess that wasnt well worded. She is excited to see the rays have pups. In fact my Male blackie was trying to breed the large female Leo last night and she was the one who caught them.

I am also a big believer in keeping earthworms in a rays diet. If i didnt feed earthworms i wouldnt need the huge turnover rate.

I feed earthworms also but only twice a week.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine

Why the high turnover rate if feeding earthworms? Is it because the the excessive waste from feeding worms?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
8500 evolution external. No i didnt need to knock out teeth, i had both my tanks drilled with four 2" drains which needed lots of teeth anyways. Also with alot of turnover you never need powerheads or anything

This is true I also turn over 13-15 x per hour

What are power heads I have never owned one

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Maby great pump options available. You all have great tastes in flow.

I myself just got 3 more jebao 12000 pumps. Really like the little units allot. Total of all three -9510 gph (36,000lph) at 270 watts. And the ability if one breaks I have a backup running the system still and keeping everything going. I'm doing an over haul on my system going for backups and major monitoring ability. Neptune Apex will be here shortly going to really appreciate all the add ons. Makes me think I need to start a thread and do a write up.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I have been running a Aquatronica system since I set my tank up 4.5 years ago it's the best thing I ever done

The watts on your pumps are low
I run 1 x 30,000 lph pump that's 670w on its own
The other 2 pumps a 10,000 and a 15,000 are about 280w each
But with all that heat in my sump from the pumps my heater never come on and I control tank temp with the drip

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store