New to forums

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I just remembered I said I'd get some pics of the 5ft for you. Sorry I had a hectic week and forgot all about it.
Anyways, here are some pics I took just now, I made the mistake of turning the light on for pics and the dollars jazzed out and kicked up heaps of sand, (it was the first time I've turned the light on since they've been in there) so please excuse the sand everywhere. I'll fix that tonight while my hubby's changing their water. Also, I've taken the live plants out because my hubby brought more dollars and I don't know if they'll eat my plants when they go in there or not. :)

Dollars:
IMG_20160821_154941.jpg
One of my corydoras looking for food:
IMG_20160821_155548.jpg
Assorted tetras:
IMG_20160821_155611.jpg
Sorry it took so long to get them to you, my week was hell. :)

Post Script: tetras are hard to photograph with a phone camera. :D

Last edited:

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Welcome. try looking at some of the malawi catfish, pretty cool things

Bigboris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2016
I just remembered I said I'd get some pics of the 5ft for you. Sorry I had a hectic week and forgot all about it.
Anyways, here are some pics I took just now, I made the mistake of turning the light on for pics and the dollars jazzed out and kicked up heaps of sand, (it was the first time I've turned the light on since they've been in there) so please excuse the sand everywhere. I'll fix that tonight while my hubby's changing their water. Also, I've taken the live plants out because my hubby brought more dollars and I don't know if they'll eat my plants when they go in there or not. :)

Dollars:
View attachment 1200294
One of my corydoras looking for food:
View attachment 1200295
Assorted tetras:
View attachment 1200296
Sorry it took so long to get them to you, my week was hell. :)

Post Script: tetras are hard to photograph with a phone camera. :D
That tank looks really well kittie katt, I like the silver dollars, I was interested in getting some piranhas when I first got my tank, but heard they actually quiet a boring fish to keep lol so went with the African cichlids

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I will have a look at them thanks, would they go in my 240 litre do you think?
I believe there are some smaller ones. Look into cuckoo catfish in particular (unless you want malawi fry to survive)

Bigboris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2016
I believe there are some smaller ones. Look into cuckoo catfish in particular (unless you want malawi fry to survive)
I've already had some fry, they didn't last a day lol I would like to raise them but haven't got another tank to keep them in, what about you hendre what fish do you keep?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I've already had some fry, they didn't last a day lol I would like to raise them but haven't got another tank to keep them in, what about you hendre what fish do you keep?
A betta in a 20litre
16 goldfish in a 150 litre (soon to be upgraded to a 1000litre plastic)
2 african knives, a pink tail chalceus and a featherfin cat in my 250

Reactions: Bigboris

Bigboris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2016
A betta in a 20litre
16 goldfish in a 150 litre (soon to be upgraded to a 1000litre plastic)
2 african knives, a pink tail chalceus and a featherfin cat in my 250
Sounds good, those African knifes are a really cool fish, have you got any pictures? :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store