New to Planted

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
Co2 you don't need it. Just stick with the easier low light plants and you'll be find. Led lights seem to be coming on strong in the planted tank world now so Finnex is what brand I use. Snails I'm not a big fan of so I make sure I don't have any in my tank. As far as fertilizers you just need one that would cover a broad spectrum for ya. If your going with sword plants you will need root tabs since they are heavy root feeders. Everything thing else will get it nourishment through the water column. Seachem makes good fertilizers and whatever you would need for a planted tank.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
In the last few years I have modified light hoods to use the screw in LED bulbs that fit a standard socket.
Thank you sooo much for this!!! My hubby's been asking if this would be possible and I've been to lazy to research it... Now I know its possible he can go nuts with my little 30ltr and 170ltr.
Thank you. :)

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Thank you sooo much for this!!! My hubby's been asking if this would be possible and I've been to lazy to research it... Now I know its possible he can go nuts with my little 30ltr and 170ltr.
Thank you. :)
Hello; Here is a photo of a planted 55 gallon from this past winter. I used a total of four 13 watt screw in LED bulbs.
55 gallon jan 2016 013.JPG

Reactions: Kittiee Katt
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store