one of RTC front fins does not expand like normal

superdett

Feeder Fish
Apr 27, 2024
I just realized that the RTC's right fin doesn't open normally like the left one, at first I thought it was broken but I tried to check it more carefully, it just doesn't open to the side like normal but to the body, so it doesn't expand

Is this an abnormality? I've corrected it by trying to pull it out but it's back into the body , and it swims as normally, any suggest ?

20240427_122822.jpg 20240427_102707.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I just realized that the RTC's right fin doesn't open normally like the left one, at first I thought it was broken but I tried to check it more carefully, it just doesn't open to the side like normal but to the body, so it doesn't expand

Is this an abnormality? I've corrected it by trying to pull it out but it's back into the body , and it swims as normally, any suggest ?

View attachment 1541062 View attachment 1541063
Welcome aboard
Possibly was born that way.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

AR1

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth

View attachment 1541062 View attachment 1541063
Looks a fin deformity. I wouldn't worry since catfish are very hardy, adapting to a plethora of conditions. I have seen several catfish with deformed fins, and they tend to do fine, just like the normal ones.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store