peacock bass acting weird

gman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2005
new jersey
www.facebook.com
Ive got 6 2.5"-3" Mono Peacock bass, and one of them is acting very odd. He will hover with his head down and his tail up or vice versa. Sometimes he even sits there upside down. He looks perfectly healthy otherwise and has great color. Tank temp is around 84.

Any ideas whats up with this guy.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
No idea what is wrong with him but it doesnt sound too good.

I would take him out and put him in his own tank if possible. If you leave it the others might gang up and kill him.

fishyboi

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
HERE
Maybe a parasite? i ono, i have 2 myself and never act this way

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
does he swim normal at times and only oddly after feeding if this is the case it could be from air gulping this happens when a fish eats to fast at the surface and sucks in air if this isnt the case it could be a swim bladder disorder from a possible microbial infection you can treat this the same way you treat ich as for air gulping make sure hes getting his food mid water

jed3ell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
california
The problem could be a swim bladder disorder, Fish floats upside-down or sideways.
As with these disorders can also be caused by bacterial infection. Treatment is Use antibiotic food if the fish is eating, or add antibiotic to the water in a quarantine tank if the fish is too sick to eat

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
its perfectly normal! no worrys they will grow out of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store