PEACOCK BASS

glockman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
Hey, anyone here has a tank of Peacock Bass? Pics would be great!! Please post them here. I just like the way they look (very cool!!!). I introduced two of them (small ones) into my 5ft by 2ft by 2ft tank, to be tankmates to my aro. Everybody's gettin' along just fine. But boy, can they eat! And they only take live feeder fish. Already blown a hole in my pocket!

mon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
singapore
Oooo... starve them for a few days... then feed them.... tats what i do, i starve them for just one day, and the next day, i fed them market prawn, they just eat hungrily... but i still feed them live food once a week...

bsplenden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
how big is your PB?

they are easy to convert to pellets when young. even easier if you are converting to dead meaty food. cos they are ever so hungry...

make sure they are smaller than your aro. they eat fast and grow fast. the last time i had them, they ate so fast that my aro had no food until the PBs are done. :eek:

that is until my aro got angry and decided to do something abt it. :WHOA:

glockman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
They are about 6" and 8". I starved the small one for a week, then I gave in and bought feeder fish. Starved the big one two weeks! I tried market prawns and superworms. They totally ignored those foods. Then I bought feeder fish, and they whacked and whacked!

bsplenden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
you caught yours from the reservoir?

if they are caught, then it will be even harder to convert them.

i will starve for a week, and if it still doesn't take dead food, i will feed a couple of feeders, and go for another week.

of cos, you gotta judge for yourself how long your fish can last when training them.

glockman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
Bought one from an LFS and caught the other from the reservoir. Thanks for your input. I'll starve them for a week, although I am not hopeful they'll take MP or SW.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
My tank....

mini-477.jpg

mini-Picture 010.jpg

mini-Picture 0055555.jpg

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member