Peacock eel

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
Hello, I just thought I'd post a pic of my lil' peacock eel that Ive had for six or so months now........ and quite illusive I might add. First pic. enjoy!
Does anyone else keep these or any other kind of "eel"?
I also have a 21" fire eel AKA:"Morris"

peacock eel

fire~eel "morris"

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
Where the Marlboros go? :hitting: Them are some nice eels. I have never tryed my hand at eels what fish you mix them with? Or are they alone?

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
I'm really not sure exactally shure what its (peacock) been eating. I know what its supposed to eat, but it hides all the time. It's just starting to get inquisitive so I'll be training it to hand feed very soon on cut smelt and Hikari food sticks.
M large eel eats frozen bloodworms and any kind of frozen krill, plankton or crayfishes. I lost many blue lobsters before I figured that out! lol
Here is the marlboro's for ya... :help2:
Pack a smokes

"red points" ?

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
lol

wes i had a fire eel with my rays
he was 12-15 inches

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Hey, CAVEMAN....in reply to your first post,
I keep the Fire eel with 1 Lims shovelnose, 1Heros severum, 2very large Bala sharks, 1Jack Dempsey, 5 fairly large (as far as SD go) Silver dollars, 1 Polypterus Lapredi, 1Silver Arowana, 1 big pleco (that hide all the time), 1 Sp. Bellycrawler Pike. (picture below)
pike

I keep the lil' Peacock with a few non abusive sp.'s like two 1.5" firemouths and a betta. oh yeah, a Bolivian ram and a farlowella (vitatta) catfish too.(picture below)
Farlowella

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store