Porcupine Puffer + Dogface puffer?

Jeox

" I got monkeys in me! "
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2006
ok guys, I decided not to mix 2 puffers. Im going to try the porc with a starry trigger, panther grouper, and snowflake eel. :D

Oh, and before anyone asks, I'll upgrade once they get bigger, and even on the off chance I can't, my lfs almost always buys large sw fish off people. :D

Jeffbranham55

Feeder Fish
May 6, 2023
Can puffers even be together? I never see it in store, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas. The dogface would be like 5'' and the porc is around 3'' :)

EDIT: Now that i think about it, the lfs also has this poor little spiny box puffer who eats and is healthy, but puffs up at the slightest disturbance. lol
Would he work with the porcupine? Both are about the same size.
I have 28 different puffers. And yes it depends on what you have I have 3 in one tank right now, porcupine, stars and strips, and dogface. All depends on temperament. And buy the way your tanks at home do not harbor the right ingredients for you puffer to generate the type of toxins that others are mentioning unless you have brought them home after wild caught and than still after couple weeks in your tank there body can’t produce those toxins

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I have 28 different puffers. And yes it depends on what you have I have 3 in one tank right now, porcupine, stars and strips, and dogface. All depends on temperament. And buy the way your tanks at home do not harbor the right ingredients for you puffer to generate the type of toxins that others are mentioning unless you have brought them home after wild caught and than still after couple weeks in your tank there body can’t produce those toxins
Finally, after 14 years someone sets the record straight on this thread.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store