Possible Acrylic tank buy please help

Oskie Boy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2011
Memphis TN
I will look into fish tanks direct, thanks for the advise, I did get this quote from custom aquariums.com Anyone familiar with them?

300 Gallon 30x96x24: 1,899.00

1 H2Overflow 69.99

1 hole drilled for H2Overflow 25.00

2 ¾” Siphon Stopper Returns 39.99/return for a total of 79.98

2 holes drilled for ¾” returns 50.00

Total is 2123 with free shipping, only prob is I do not think they warranty their tanks unless you place it on one of their stands, which are more expensive than the tank!!!!

harris522

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2015
michigan
fishtankdirect is a whole seller. someone in florida builds there tanks. fish tanks direct just takes the orders. Tsunami Aquariums is who built my tank.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Customaquriums is supposed to have a good rep. Several members have their tanks.

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
If it includes all that in the 3k then it's not a bad deal, you could probably make a third to half of that back reselling the salt equipment if it's good quality/shape. I wouldn't just because I have a dispassion for tall tanks.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I will look into fish tanks direct, thanks for the advise, I did get this quote from custom aquariums.com Anyone familiar with them?

300 Gallon 30x96x24: 1,899.00

1 H2Overflow 69.99

1 hole drilled for H2Overflow 25.00

2 ¾” Siphon Stopper Returns 39.99/return for a total of 79.98

2 holes drilled for ¾” returns 50.00

Total is 2123 with free shipping, only prob is I do not think they warranty their tanks unless you place it on one of their stands, which are more expensive than the tank!!!!
I would check on having just one H2Overflow for a 300 gallon tank. I drilled my glass 220 for three H2Overflows and two siphon stopper returns. The H2Overflow is only rated to 1200gph, which is probably a bit low for a 300gal. Also, if you want to be on the safe side, you will want to have overflows capable of double your flow rate so that your tank won't overflow if one gets clogged.

Now, about the deal you posted about, it sounds as if the seller is just trying to get out of the hobby. If you are serious about wanting that 300, which seems like it would be great for cichlids, then I would try to get a better price than his asking price. Go ahead and tell him your budget is $1500 and see if he is interested. I bet you can get it a bit lower than the asking price. It does seem like a good deal if you don't mind putting the time into moving everything, including the live fish, and selling what you don't want to keep. I bet you could make a lot of of your money back, and maybe even break even depending on the price you get the deal at.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
Was the 300 gallon on Craigslist? Usually people buying tanks on CR are looking for good deals so I would bet you could get them to come down off the 3k price.

Oskie Boy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2011
Memphis TN
Was the 300 gallon on Craigslist? Usually people buying tanks on CR are looking for good deals so I would bet you could get them to come down off the 3k price.
Texas, yes it is a Craigslist deal, I will work on the price. What do you think would be fair If I was just to buy the tank, stand, top, sump, pumps, two brand new 800w heaters, 250lbs unopened black sand, 100lbs holey rock, and the driftwood?

Also, would you guys agree that the tank is in good shape? The seams? Prob is hard to tell from the pics. I am looking to just fill this thing up and go. Thanks

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
Texas, yes it is a Craigslist deal, I will work on the price. What do you think would be fair If I was just to buy the tank, stand, top, sump, pumps, two brand new 800w heaters, 250lbs unopened black sand, 100lbs holey rock, and the driftwood?

Also, would you guys agree that the tank is in good shape? The seams? Prob is hard to tell from the pics. I am looking to just fill this thing up and go. Thanks
I've seen a couple 300 gallon tanks on CR start around that price and after weeks in up selling for 1k. I could be wrong but I don't believe they will find someone on Craigslist that's willing to spend anywhere near that kind of money for a used tank even if the tank is in great shape. But I would bet this person will end up taking much less then 3k once they do sell it. Going off pictures the tank looks in great shape and clean.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
CR nowadays is buy and resell business for the most part, so try to get the price down as much as possible and you have to remember that not many folks buying a huge tank so that tank will up on CR for long time until the price is cut off more than half (possibly someone will grab it before you when the price is low enough then resell lol)...I've seen alot like that and someone will take the bait....

Oskie Boy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2011
Memphis TN
Well the seller found a buyer for all of the fish, which is good because I do not need any more fish right now. So I was able to offer a new price for the 300 gallon acrylic tank, $2000. This includes the tank, stand, top, sump with two used pumps, two 800w heaters still in the box, a large expensive powerhead still in the box, 260lbs of black Tahitian moon sand still in bags, one nice piece of texas holey rock, and some large driftwood. Any thoughts on what you guys would do next?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store