Possibly Pregnant

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
how big of a ray and how old, Does not look very big in pic but hard to tell. Look for movement always the only way to be really sure, and dont just assume once, if you see movement confirm it multiple times, then I like to call it but yes ive gotten excited at a fat ray more than once. Cheers and looks like a great ray. First pups for you? First time pregnant for her?

• Haha
Reactions: viper0397 and Dloks

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
how big of a ray and how old, Does not look very big in pic but hard to tell. Look for movement always the only way to be really sure, and dont just assume once, if you see movement confirm it multiple times, then I like to call it but yes ive gotten excited at a fat ray more than once. Cheers and looks like a great ray. First pups for you? First time pregnant for her?
She is about 18" in diameter and 2 years old. I have successfully bred rays before, so I know what to look for. This though would be her first litter. I had a breeding trio of Retics, and I now currently have a breeding pair of Wallici (hystrix) This ray has probably the second longest gestation period topped by the wallici. If she really is pregnant it is going to be a very long wait.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I had a king hen make me wait 6 months, I figured it was not going to happen and gave up long before that as the last pregnancy was 4.5+ months. crazy how long sometimes you have to wait. I was always thinking people saying 6 months was not real but I saw the male do it and pulled him out right after so I know the time was right on. Good Luck

She is about 18" in diameter and 2 years old. I have successfully bred rays before, so I know what to look for. This though would be her first litter. I had a breeding trio of Retics, and I now currently have a breeding pair of Wallici (hystrix) This ray has probably the second longest gestation period topped by the wallici. If she really is pregnant it is going to be a very long wait.

Reactions: viper0397
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store