puffers

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
anyone have any experience keeping
dwarf puffers.. the one's they have at petsmart.
ultra tiny maybe an inch.
because i bought 4 of them
i wanted to know if they are a brackish fish
:feedback:

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
the four i got are anywhere from half an inch to an inch.
i put them with some fry i have been growing out.
i thought they would be beaten up... but no they were actually chasing
the cichlids around!

inline4

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
i had 2 of them, had to seperate then cause they were beating on eachother. they would not eat anything but live baby brine shrimp. they eventually died for unknown reasons, probably malnutrition.

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
they love to eat snails

rwatkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2005
Ga
Hey, the DP's are completly freshwater. They are best kept in herams, with two females for every one male. The males are distinguished by a black line down their belly. The females usually have "freckles" on their heads. They like heavily planted tanks to break up territories. I have some in a 29 (soon to be moved to a 46). They have sand substrate and both like and fake plants as well as driftwood pieces and a couple of flowerpots for coverage. I have 3 right now but will add more when they get moved. I also have an Ausellus puffer (or SA puffer) in with them, and a striped peacock eel. If you click on the link in my signature, there's a pic of it. It's the tank with the red substrate. PM me if you have any more questions!

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
Ya, they're completely fresh.
Feed 'em tons of blood worms.
When I worked there I would throw mad earth worms, blood worm cubes, and freeze dried krill that was broken into tiny bits in there till they had big fat ass guts. :hearts:
They're mean little ****s.
I had a single one that killed my beta and Male dwarf fire gourami.
Enjoy!

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Try this?

DwarfPuffers.com
**************.org

I think they will have more than enough info for ya ;) They are all puffer freaks. I read every post on Puffer Forum before it got deleted and they had to start over..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store