Python Water Changer

Rwils24

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2020
HI all

I am having some issues. MY python water change attaches to my sink fine, however, once I turn the water on, it forces it off.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on better ways to get it to stay on or workarounds to have it work?

THanks

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
HI all

I am having some issues. MY python water change attaches to my sink fine, however, once I turn the water on, it forces it off.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on better ways to get it to stay on or workarounds to have it work?

THanks
If possible post a pic of the faucet.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
The end of your faucet should screw off, you will need an attachment that threads into your faucet, and on the other end has threads that match your python. Fine threads, to course. I needed similar for my Moen faucet.

Reactions: tlindsey

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Lol, where but MFK would people be advising others how to create this:
...when they started with this:
:ROFL: :lol3:

OP, some of those fancy designer faucets don't have easily removable, standard-threaded aerators and make the installation of a Python a royal PITA. And I have had some unpleasant failures in the past when trying to use those universal rubber collars; sometimes it seems as though "universal" means that they literally don't fit anything. :(

Before you start "improving" the crap out of your bathrooom or kitchen faucets, consider using the hose bibs in your laundry room that supply water to your washing machine. You can put a valve-controlled Y on both the hot and cold, and then leave the washer connected to one side of the Y and just use the other for your Python. You'll want a 2-into-1 adaptor to allow mixing the temperature when re-filling the tank.

You can just suck-start the siphon to empty the tank, allowing it to drain into a bathtub...or, you can add a shut-off valve to the end that goes into the tank. Drop that into the tank with the valve open, fill the hose up from the hose bibs, shut the valve, move the hose to the drain, open that valve and let the siphon empty your tank to the desired level, then shut the valve again and return the hose end to the hose bibs to refill the tank.

I don't recall if the Python mechanism lets you attach a hose to the bottom of the thing? If it does, it gets even easier; attach the Python to the hose bibs in the laundry room, run one hose to your tank, a second hose to your drain, and then perform the entire water change without doing anything other than opening and closing the appropriate valves to drain, fill, etc. :)

Rwils24

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2020
Thank you so much for the detail! Sadly, I live in a condo, and accessing the laundry room is challenging for that. Its a closet without much space.

I appreciate it though! I never thought of that!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store