Superman mushroom
Unknown green mushroom
Unknown type of favia
Xenia
Two types of zoa- don’t know the type
GSP
Yellow clown goby
Misbar Darwin clownfish
CUC- trocha snails, a couple of unknown snails, 1 blue legged hermit, 1 sexy shrimp, and a stomoatella and feather duster that came as hitchhikers
It’s pretty simple, just an AC50 with a sponge and chemipure blue and a kessil a80 blue. I dose reef plus and phylo greens twice a week and do a one gallon water change bi-weekly. It’s been up for a five months I think.
I might need to cut down on WCs, my latest water test results are pictured. Zero nitrates, but the corals are open and growing

IMG_2233.jpeg

IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2235.jpeg

IMG_2238.jpeg

IMG_2237.jpeg

IMG_2236.jpeg

IMG_2239.jpeg

IMG_2240.jpeg

IMG_2241.jpeg

IMG_2242.jpeg

IMG_2243.jpeg

Last edited:

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Here’s my 40B in its heyday:
1700938239161.jpeg
Ran into some problems when my coral beauty decided that most of the stocking shouldn’t be there and I lost a few corals (including an 30 head torch) after stirring up the sandbed too much. I haven’t gotten it quite to this point since but have some new fish on the way and eventually going to do a rip clean on the sandbed to keep that from happening again.
Here’s my 13.5 that acts as my clownfish’s prison cell…she’s not very nice to other fish:
IMG_1001.jpeg

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
View attachment 1530348
Ran into some problems when my coral beauty decided that most of the stocking shouldn’t be there and I lost a few corals (including an 30 head torch) after stirring up the sandbed too much. I haven’t gotten it quite to this point since but have some new fish on the way and eventually going to do a rip clean on the sandbed to keep that from happening again.
Here’s my 13.5 that acts as my clownfish’s prison cell…she’s not very nice to other fish:
View attachment 1530350
The 40 was awesome. Is that a royal gramma? I wish I could get that kinda growth. I’ve been told my pico is too clean as the reason mine are growing so slow

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
The 40 was awesome. Is that a royal gramma? I wish I could get that kinda growth. I’ve been told my pico is too clean as the reason mine are growing so slow
Yes, one of my favorite reef fish. Angel (and possibly also clown) didn’t think so though - all I know is I went away on vacation and it wasn’t there when I got back.
I have one coming in in the restock though, along with a Bangaii Cardinal, clown goby, yellow coris, longnose hawk, and orange spot blenny.
Most of the growth I get is from zoas and gsp - every time my sps start to look good something says no - still working on getting the chemistry of reefs perfect.
I have chronically low nitrates in my reefs (never thought that would be a problem) so I have to dose for that.
Alk is important for stony growth, once I got that in check for me is when I first noticed a lot of growth.
For all my coral blunders though, by bta is always happy though so I guess there’s that…
Ideally by the end of the year everything will be in working order - just been busy with life.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Yes, one of my favorite reef fish. Angel (and possibly also clown) didn’t think so though - all I know is I went away on vacation and it wasn’t there when I got back.
I have one coming in in the restock though, along with a Bangaii Cardinal, clown goby, yellow coris, longnose hawk, and orange spot blenny.
Most of the growth I get is from zoas and gsp - every time my sps start to look good something says no - still working on getting the chemistry of reefs perfect.
I have chronically low nitrates in my reefs (never thought that would be a problem) so I have to dose for that.
Alk is important for stony growth, once I got that in check for me is when I first noticed a lot of growth.
For all my coral blunders though, by bta is always happy though so I guess there’s that…
Ideally by the end of the year everything will be in working order - just been busy with life.
Nice, a royal gramma is a sweet hitchhiker.
I haven’t tested in a couple months but on my last one my nitrates were zero. Probably cuz I run chemipure blue. I keep mine very simple though. I just dose Reef Plus twice a week. No skimmers or anything. I have a Darwin clown and had a clown goby but the clown chased it out of the tank. Everything is growing slowly aside from the GSP and Xenia which of course are growing fast, but everything is looking good so I’m hesitant to make any changes
That restock sounds pretty cool, I kinda miss having a larger salt tank, I’d probably go FOWLR if I went big again

Reactions: Deadeye

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
View attachment 1530348
View attachment 1530350
Funny sign on the 13g and well deserved 😆. Brings me back to when I had to guard my father’s hands with a net. His old clownfish pair (the smaller male in particular) was absolutely ruthless.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store