Rocks and Fossils: Does Anyone Else Collect Them?

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I'm going to Austin tomorrow and I'm going to a rock and gem store, not sure if I will buy anything (probably will) since I'm kind of wanting to be tight with money for specific other things *cough* more fish *cough* :lol2:

Reactions: Reese11 and Matth05

Reese11

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2012
New jersey
Love this post and comment section. I’ve got a collection myself, a couple high end aquamarine crystals, some Australian Opal, quarts, amethysts, 30ct amethyst faceted stone, fossil ammonite and my fave a fossil megalodon tooth and some other small various things

Here’s the Meg tooth since I see other people posting their collections

4B5F5CAC-0F11-4FBC-9953-280D5DD39FA2.jpeg

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Love this post and comment section. I’ve got a collection myself, a couple high end aquamarine crystals, some Australian Opal, quarts, amethysts, 30ct amethyst faceted stone, fossil ammonite and my fave a fossil megalodon tooth and some other small various things

Here’s the Meg tooth since I see other people posting their collections

View attachment 1539524
I've been looking for a meg tooth like that forever! I just have to find one that isn't $1000 lol.

Can u post a pic of the opal? I love opals.

Reactions: Matth05 and Reese11

Reese11

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2012
New jersey
Gemstones:

Box of Rocks:

View attachment 1539134
Gemstone Animal Collection Along with Random Piece of Black Kyanite:
(In a horn bowl)
View attachment 1539135
Carnelian Diamond on Stand:
View attachment 1539136
Septarian Egg Nodule on Jade Base:
View attachment 1539137

Sorry some of these pictures are crappy, if you want me to take a picture of a specific gemstone lmk.
Could you take a photo of your wooly rhino tooth if you didn’t already, when you get the time to do it? Would love to see that thing! Haha

Thanks!

Reactions: Matth05

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Could you take a photo of your wooly rhino tooth if you didn’t already, when you get the time to do it? Would love to see that thing! Haha

Thanks!
Its in the fossil picture with the tray, in the middle of the box, but I will gladly take some detail pictures of it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reese11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store