Rules of Hybridization In American Cichlids

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
this thread is the best help ever.

But I can't believe it 100% and throw away my dream of Xbreeding a couple South American monsters.

However, I do see this as a heads up and I do believe it.. Until I can can prove otherwise though. ***********sigh********Life's too short

rich4297

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2012
NJ
i imagine so tetracanthus is central american
Ok bc I think it may be happening. They are doing all the courtship rituals. And tonight the taxes was trying to attack me through the glass. I can't see eggs yet but it's a very reclusive spot they've chosen in the tank. So it's hard to see without me removing wood and rocks. So I'll start a thread if this does occur.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ChrisH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2007
newfoundland, Canada
At what age and size do you think a fair test could be conducted in my Ceibal x convict hybrids to see if they will breed to produce off spring? They are showing aggressiveness to each other now and the largest of the hybrids has claimed his own cave often tail fanning the other largest hybrid.

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
Ok bc I think it may be happening. They are doing all the courtship rituals. And tonight the taxes was trying to attack me through the glass. I can't see eggs yet but it's a very reclusive spot they've chosen in the tank. So it's hard to see without me removing wood and rocks. So I'll start a thread if this does occur.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
if your texas is black and white then i would say their working their magic that would be a cool little hybrid to see grown out i wonder how the black blotches and the pearls will mix

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
At what age and size do you think a fair test could be conducted in my Ceibal x convict hybrids to see if they will breed to produce off spring? They are showing aggressiveness to each other now and the largest of the hybrids has claimed his own cave often tail fanning the other largest hybrid.
i'd say around 3 or 4 inches

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store