Seller of native fishes?

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Keep in mind that this is the internet, and there are members of this forum all over the world. Native fish means something different to each of us.

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
Keep in mind that this is the internet, and there are members of this forum all over the world. Native fish means something different to each of us.
Sorry I meant native american..also mentioned amia cava or bowfin

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
In an international community being specific is important.
Even saying American, may not be specific enough.
People from Venezuela, and Argentina consider themselves American's.
They are from South America.
Many people from Central America would say, we are American's.
Saying North American, includes Mexico, to Panama.
images.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Jonahs sells bowfins certain times of the year- wait until spring/summer for the babies to come up for sale they are not available as babies all year around though you can ask Jonahs if they do special order for redfins as well too. Best of luck !

Nubster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2005
WV
In all fairness...this section is titled North American Native Fish. So sure, that would include Canada and Mexico...but the rest...not so much.

I am interested in the same original question though...USA sellers/breeders of native fish? Particularly interested in getting a large school of Rainbow Shiners for my 120g. Maybe some darters too but I need to learn more about their care first.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
In all fairness...this section is titled North American Native Fish. So sure, that would include Canada and Mexico...but the rest...not so much.

I am interested in the same original question though...USA sellers/breeders of native fish? Particularly interested in getting a large school of Rainbow Shiners for my 120g. Maybe some darters too but I need to learn more about their care first.
Great vendor purchased healthy Rainbow Darter a few years ago.
https://www.google.com/search?clien...785234bbd37d7&shndl=-1&source=sh/x/kp/local/4

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store