Datnoid Island
Cambodian Tiger?

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
buddy said thailand
I am sure they may well be imported from Thailand. The NTT undoubtedly came out of the Mekong river near Ubon.

The three stripe most probably came in a batch from Indonesia, and is being sold on from Thailand. The exporters will let you believe what you want if you are willing to pay. Pulcher have been banned from export since when they were endangered. The importers may have bought him in good faith, if rather naive.

I am sure that fish cannot speak a word of Thai.

• Haha
Reactions: Hao and tlindsey

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Just noticed, the address is Quezon City, Philippines. Exactly where no dats have ever come from. Scam. Ridiculous.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Dear dr exum dr exum , where do you think he came from?

ST have been extinct in Cambodia for twenty years, and in Thailand for longer than that. There were no doubt many specimens in private tanks, with a life expectancy of ten years. There have been no successful breeding programs (though a few scams).

It is a nice looking fish. I would want it. Where do you think he came from?
really? I see many STs in the Singaporean marketplace. are they all just indo tigers, trying to sell for a larger buck?

Reactions: dr exum

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
when he gets here i'll swab him and send a sample out to 23 and me 🕵🏻‍♂️

your saying wes, rod, and the importer i got mine from are lying or attempting to de fraud the community 🤷‍♂️ to make a buck?

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
when he gets here i'll swab him and send a sample out to 23 and me 🕵🏻‍♂️

your saying wes, rod, and the importer i got mine from are lying or attempting to de fraud the community 🤷‍♂️ to make a buck?
Nobody directly stated that any of them were intentionally attempting to scam aquarists. Rod trusts his suppliers to provide him with properly-labeled fish, rather than verifying the exact species himself- which is understandable, considering the sheer number of fish he deals with. Wes himself has said that despite his extensive experience importing and selling rare fish, there are others that know considerably more than him. Midwater stated that the importer may have simply trusted their exporter without putting much thought into the legitimacy of the fish.
The argument in regards to the existence of STs is not a new one, and usually ends in speculation and odd ideas. But I do trust Midwater to know what he's talking about, as he's one of the most knowledgeable people on here when it comes to datnoids.

Reactions: Midwater

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
not trying to gas light this lil thread no more,

people got opinions,

IMG_5526.png

IMG_5526.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com