Sign a petition to legalize Asian Arowana in the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
You Aussies always gotta whip out the bigger.....cod(in this case).
The old calssic movie crocodile Dundee reference to keep up the aussie stereotypes.

We don't have anything that big living in our waters, we do have tigerfish though:
View attachment 1417302
We have VATF, as a result the import of any other species is wholly illegal.
Wow,that beast could eat all of my fish as revenge for the little guy getting eaten and then have me for desert!
You would never get one even close to this big in the wild anymore, 3 footers are considered huge now. Not sure how old this picture is but it shows the decline in nature over the last 100 years or so.
It would be cool if a public aquarium could grow some this big, would be quite the display and possibly inspire more native Australian tanks. Maybe I will send one over to thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter , he is probably the only one who could handle such a fish!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
....after viewing that photo I wondered if there were any cod that were able to grow anywhere near that size and sadly,I suspected that there weren't. Surely there has to be a public aquarium in Australia that features a few native giants?

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
All the public aquarium push the coral Great Barrier Reef and shark scene which I understand, it's what tourists want to see. A giant cod would be a good attraction for a trout farm in the country or somewhere. They take a long time to get that big, if you get one maybe your grandchildren might be able to put it on display.

• Haha
Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Oh yeah I know what you were talking about. One of my favorite movie scenes , that and the canned veg too.
Also from dundee? If so I loved that part of the movie.

Also... That's not a knife...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store