SILLIEST thing you have ever done as a beginner!

Bluethousandand2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2016
yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes. that not good
Yeah, I had no idea what I was gonna do in the half second water was spewing everywhere. I unplugged the filter and if my dad wasn't there to tighten the damn thing while it sprayed who knows how much more water would have gone on the floor. He and I spent about 2 hours or more cleaning the water and moving furniture out of the room.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Saying $50 is the most I will ever spend on a fish... Then I started buying rays...
Ouch, the most i have spent is 6 USD on a fish, with the exchange rate of the time

Reactions: J. H.

reddead38

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
Ouch, the most i have spent is 6 USD on a fish, with the exchange rate of the time
Let's see... My first Motoro was $200 then and orb labeled hystrix was $150 then a leoXhenli male for $600 a marble for $250 3 hystrix pups at $250ea shipped and most recently a mini marble male for $400..

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Let's see... My first Motoro was $200 then and orb labeled hystrix was $150 then a leoXhenli male for $600 a marble for $250 3 hystrix pups at $250ea shipped and most recently a mini marble male for $400..
Bruh. Im a small scale keeper so not too much money into fish

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
No shame in that. Started that way and got hooked on big stuff
One day i can get to the big stuff, i have quite the collection for a 15 year old :)
And it is still building

Reactions: GamerChick5567

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Probably the silliest was me 4 or 5 years ago. There's this real sketchy pet shop (I mean like puppy mill, overpriced, sick animals... legit the owner must be paying someone in the county off because it was still there last time) at the orange mall off tustin ave. Anyway I saw these poor lyretail guppies that someone had dumped off there (probably should have been culls) but I felt so bad for them. If I had the money I probably would have bought everything, just to try and save them that's how bad it was. Anyway I bought like 5 of them and put them in quarantine, poor things were full of ich and fungus. I was able to only save like 2 of them, and I thought that was the end of it since they looked fine after a week. Mistakenly I added them to my 5 gallon.

I think I paid like 15 bucks for them too. Plus with the other disease they had (no idea what it was at the time, probably didn't kill off all the ich either) I lost like an additional 20 bucks in endlers and 2 cory cats which I had previously. I pretty much had to start my 5 gallon tank over. Ugh.

Although for the good part of the story, I did get more male endlers from DD fish pets in fountain valley and a poor neglected betta from petsmart, they lived quite a long life! I also still have the trilineatus cory that survived. Poor guy has suffered through all my bullshit, he really is a trooper haha. I need to get him new mates, he and the females laid eggs constantly before that happened, but at least he has a bronze buddy I got like 3 years ago.

NEVER AGAIN. That ghetto azz mall pet shop needs to be shut down. Just find the yelp reviews you'll see what I mean. If you live in orange you have probably seen it.
:mad:

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Probably the silliest was me 4 or 5 years ago. There's this real sketchy pet shop (I mean like puppy mill, overpriced, sick animals... legit the owner must be paying someone in the county off because it was still there last time) at the orange mall off tustin ave. Anyway I saw these poor lyretail guppies that someone had dumped off there (probably should have been culls) but I felt so bad for them. If I had the money I probably would have bought everything, just to try and save them that's how bad it was. Anyway I bought like 5 of them and put them in quarantine, poor things were full of ich and fungus. I was able to only save like 2 of them, and I thought that was the end of it since they looked fine after a week. Mistakenly I added them to my 5 gallon.

I think I paid like 15 bucks for them too. Plus with the other disease they had (no idea what it was at the time, probably didn't kill off all the ich either) I lost like an additional 20 bucks in endlers and 2 cory cats which I had previously. I pretty much had to start my 5 gallon tank over. Ugh.

Although for the good part of the story, I did get more male endlers from DD fish pets in fountain valley and a poor neglected betta from petsmart, they lived quite a long life! I also still have the trilineatus cory that survived. Poor guy has suffered through all my bullshit, he really is a trooper haha. I need to get him new mates, he and the females laid eggs constantly before that happened, but at least he has a bronze buddy I got like 3 years ago.

NEVER AGAIN. That ghetto azz mall pet shop needs to be shut down. Just find the yelp reviews you'll see what I mean. If you live in orange you have probably seen it.
:mad:
ouch, I don't QT my fish but if they act strange in any was at the shop they aint coming home.

I was pretty silly now thinking my new little African butterfly fish couldn't eat the danios. thats 2 down (one was dead already atleast). now my little salvini took only 3 days to decide he is not fond of the danios at all. MID TYPING the little sob grabbed a danio and almost killed it. to the 5 gallon with you. The moments the lights go off the cichlid is onto them

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store