snakehead in a 75 gallon

hancotip

Banned
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2024
norway
4-6 Peru angelfish with cardinal tetras and some different kinds of loaches, will that go well

AR1

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
I am sorry for giving poor advice on the auranti. I have seen a lot of aurantis here in ksa being kept in 75 gallons without any issues and hardly exceeding a foot. But a experienced and senior member like RD knows better, so you should listen to him.

Reactions: RD. and Caveden

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I am sorry for giving poor advice on the auranti. I have seen a lot of aurantis here in ksa being kept in 75 gallons without any issues and hardly exceeding a foot. But a experienced and senior member like RD knows better, so you should listen to him.
Many of my comments here are based on my own stupid mistakes made over the years, including with snakeheads. At some point everyone that is in this hobby for any length of time will come to learn that the smaller the glass box, the more stressed the animals inside. Even with great water quality, which is seldom the case in these situations, the animal will be stressed to some degree, which typically leads to health issues, and a shortened lifespan.

40+ yrs ago when on a road trip in Montana, my friends and I stopped at a roadside zoo. That zoo (cough-cough) had a large, mature male lion. A truly majestic beast, that was living in an enclosure that was maybe 20ft x 20ft. Probably smaller. It was disgusting. Watching an animal like that pace in circles over & over wasn't exactly what I would describe as thriving in captivity. Just before we left, with my face up near the enclosure, that lion let out a roar so loud & powerful that he must have blown my hair back. I still remember the experience like it was yesterday.

Yet driving away all I could think about, was that it would have been better off if I had put a bullet in its head.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Can i have colonies with different species of corys?
I don’t see why not, When I was young I had a nice school of corys in a 75G where every single one was a different species, they all swam together and seemed happy enough.
These days I think it looks better to have 1 big school of the same species and it’s probably better for the fish too (maybe?)
Each to their own, maybe 2 species in groups of 5 or 6 would be cool too

Reactions: RD. and Jexnell

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
What species do you recomend
Well they are mostly identical in care requirements so just pick the ones you like the look of the best. I don’t
I don’t mind the classic bronze, metae or the spotty Julli type but there are lots to choose from. Bronze and albino are cheap but some of the rare ones can cost a bit.
It’s a classic set up, Angels, teras and corys. You might be able to add some hatchets or pencilfish or a pair of dwarf cichlids for some variety too.

Reactions: RD. and Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store