Snapper Snapper!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
One of my favorite turtle specie.
Have you ever seen the alligator snapping turtle use its lure?
Yes,every now and then I'll catch him lying on the bottom with it's mouth wide open.It was actually doing it there in the photos,trying to lure the fish out of the log.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yes,every now and then I'll catch him lying on the bottom with it's mouth wide open.It was actually doing it there in the photos,trying to lure the fish out of the log.
Yeah I noticed after looking at pic again.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My Daughter called me and saw this walking on the driveway. Looks like a large common snapper to me. It wedge it self between a shrub next to the garage. What should I do to help it?
IMG_8268.jpg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Does it look like you can dislodge it? I wouldn’t try sticking my hand near it’s head, but a snow shovel could work to lift it.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Does it look like you can dislodge it? I wouldn’t try sticking my hand near it’s head, but a snow shovel could work to lift it.
I didn't see it when I got home tonight. Hopefully it found a pond. I was thinking about taking it near the small lake near me.

Reactions: deeda and Deadeye

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I didn't see it when I got home tonight. Hopefully it found a pond. I was thinking about taking it near the small lake near me.
Yeah,common snapper and it could have been looking for a suitable spot to dig an egg nest,hopefully it found its way back to safety.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store