so this morning I found about 40 sh babies in the tank and one of the males w/o fins

yomama

Feeder Fish
Jun 11, 2005
my roomate has 3 sh and appearnetly one of them was a female. we came across the hatch this morning and the female guarding the babies about 40 of them I kept losing count :/.....well the supposed father was also guarding the area and the other male looked pretty messed up...this is a 2 part question, how can we successfully grow and prepare for this surprise and how can we help out the other male I mean this guy is messed up he barely has back fins if any and the front ones seem to have taken a toll

But most importantly we need help with the new babies, any advice helps and success stories also. do we have to seperate all the males and mostly what do they eat we have no idea

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! :eek:mg:

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
where do you live
ill take all of them

what kind of snakheads?

yomama

Feeder Fish
Jun 11, 2005
hehe its a secret well not really but trying to be we dont even know if they will survive

Doc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
NH
www.docsden.com
I'm not up to speed with raising SH fry, but for starters you might want to research whether or not you should pull them and put them in a nursery. I'd start hatching BBS and get a fry food supplement going. Finely ground flake food, Frozen BBS, Ground Krill, ETC.

mrsrobertson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Rhode Island
I will take one and pay to have shipped :drool:

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
first what type of snakeheads are they?
If they are gachuas. Seperate the beat to **** male. Devide the othe male and female. On gachuas the male raises the fry untill they able to be allowed to be free swiming he feeds them cares and does all maternal work. Every batch they have the male and female gonna get in a fight shortly afterowrds. And most likely the female gonna kick his ass

The gachua breeder thats a friend of mine goes threw this every batch he has

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
the male is the one raiseing them right now not the female. He will protect them to bitter end and female will be on the out skirts. let the male raise them u be fine

Monster VooDoo Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2005
remember they are a mouth brooder. So if the male released them, the female
should be there to drop feeder eggs and care for the fry also.

Might want to give the pair their own tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store