SOS need help, bd ray just got slashed by my ATF! Deep gash

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
I didn't like what I saw when salt was added to my Aquarium with sick Rays. At the dose I added anyway. Heavy breathing and lethargic.
There could be many factors that could play in how salt affects some people's fish and others it doesn't. I do know that salt does affect fish from a naturally low TDS environment then it does to fish from high TDS environment

When my marble got a bacterial or fungus infection I added fungus cure. It shrunk the fungus. He he still was not him self. I then put him back in the big tank with a salt dose o 2 pounds per 100g and 2 days after he died. In no way am I saying the salt killed him but I can't say it didn't

Last edited:
Reactions: SHARK13

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Gee, quite a bit of experiences. So far the little bd male is doing ok I think, still feeding aggressively. No adverse reaction to the salt I put in earlier. Is there any reason he loves climbing walls and just clinging on to it?

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Gee, quite a bit of experiences. So far the little bd male is doing ok I think, still feeding aggressively. No adverse reaction to the salt I put in earlier. Is there any reason he loves climbing walls and just clinging on to it?
What would you do if you were stuck in a box?

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
I didn't like what I saw when salt was added to my Aquarium with sick Rays. At the dose I added anyway. Heavy breathing and lethargic.
There could be many factors that could play in how salt affects some people's fish and others it doesn't. I do know that salt does affect fish from a naturally low TDS environment then it does to fish from high TDS environment

When my marble got a bacterial or fungus infection I added fungus cure. It shrunk the fungus. He he still was not him self. I then put him back in the big tank with a salt dose o 2 pounds per 100g and 2 days after he died. In no way am I saying the salt killed him but I can't say it didn't
I just recently lost a 1.5 year old pup in my sump when I dosed salt for one of the big rays up top in my display. I feel the same way, on the fence about it now. I think if stress is a factor during a salt treatment the risk is much greater something could go wrong.

Reactions: CANAMONSTER

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
Since you're going to need to keep the water extremely clean, water is probably a bad idea. Any salt levels you add will fluctuate quite a bit unless you measure the salinity and very carefully adjust the salinity of the new water to match. Also, it's an irritant. It does help kill bacteria, but huge water changes are probably a better way to keep the bacteria out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store