SOS. This is the situation right now

Freezers

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2021
About 30 minutes ago I put in my pack 5 goldfish for feeding and look what happened.....really now? I just add 5 more fish for no reason? Hahahhahhaha and I planned to make a video for you....
Why this happened?
I have this pack a week now...
What I can do?
Why no one do nothing?
Live food and no eating???
Really now????

IMG_20211112_174557.jpg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Piranhas…
Now that there is prey in there, they should eat when hungry (though I don’t advise feeding goldfish or minnows as a staple due to high thiaminise content which is harmful long term).
One thing to be wary of is internal parasites, but I don’t see anything on the p’s that would suggest that.

Freezers

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2021
Piranhas…
Now that there is prey in there, they should eat when hungry (though I don’t advise feeding goldfish or minnows as a staple due to high thiaminise content which is harmful long term).
One thing to be wary of is internal parasites, but I don’t see anything on the p’s that would suggest that.
Maybe you right only 2 goldfish live now but I suppose until end of the night all will be OK...
No all is super healthy and every time I feed something live always I do check for health and ic and after all I quarantine for a long time then feeding... :)

Reactions: Deadeye

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
See you bought into the ''hype'' surrending piranhas! All that scary reputation is false.
A well fed piranha will generally leave healthy fish alone. They only attack sickly, weak and dying or dead animals. In close spaces like aquariums, they will nip at other fish because of space issues. But generally speaking, piranhas don't deserve the hype they get.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
See you bought into the ''hype'' surrending piranhas! All that scary reputation is false.
A well fed piranha will generally leave healthy fish alone. They only attack sickly, weak and dying or dead animals. In close spaces like aquariums, they will nip at other fish because of space issues. But generally speaking, piranhas don't deserve the hype they get.
Yeah I once believed the hype but you are dead on with the facts about the Piranha.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Very true, though I will say mine took out 4 healthy Buenos Aires tetras, 2 gouramis, and a Texas cichlid. Only one of the tetras was previously unhealthy. I guess my point is that when hungry, they eat whatever they feel like. But yes, in the wild it is typically restricted to dead and dying animals.

Reactions: Freezers

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Is it true if you are bleeding piranhas would attack? Or is it just hype?
Like sharks, piranhas are attracted to the smell of blood. Lots of predators are. Piranhas are typically more afraid of you than you are of them though, so the likelihood of getting attacked by your piranhas is pretty low. That said, you do want to be careful, and definitely don’t stick your hands in with open wounds (both for safety and disease risk).

Reactions: dr exum

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Is it true if you are bleeding piranhas would attack? Or is it just hype?
did you try for google? i’m sure some genius is on the internet somewhere….. there’s a dude letting his aimara bite him

OP - if you’re looking for aggressive fish on fish violence you may be let down -

caribe or piraya may be more outgoing -

GL! 1 fish per 20g , keep the water clean and lights low -

Freezers

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2021
So my friends the days has passed and 2 goldfish still alive but I noticed that the piranhas dose not hounding them because of their size and speed in this big tank the goldfish seem to be more fast and very small to worh the hound so your option is take it off or leave them?
Although I feed them today small pieces of pork meat but only one of them eaten...
I also try with shrimps and again the same think only one eaten...
I tried also heart and again the same fish eaten only....
The other giants or they will go and eat and they will split it out or most of times they will leave it at the bottom for ever..

So what do you all say?
I don't know what to do...
Water is perfect in all measures.

Reactions: dr exum and Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store