Stand or not for huge plywood tank

SeabeeShrek

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2022
Cape Coral, Florida
I just had to drill out the existing holes a little so I could install the transom lights into their new housings. They are blue LEDs that I got off Ebay for $12.

IMG_6166.jpeg

IMG_6167.jpeg

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_6168.jpeg

SeabeeShrek

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2022
Cape Coral, Florida
Probably gonna put two more on the dash.
Next will be the air stones. I wanted to put one behind the grill and make an exhaust pipe for the other. I may have to settle for behind the bumpers so the bubbles rise in streams instead of collecting in voids.

SeabeeShrek

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2022
Cape Coral, Florida
I made a secondary window frame out of 1x3’s and 1x2’s, painted them and epoxied them. It will cover the window seam after I silicone it. The frame #2 will be secured using screws and fiberglass tape around the outside edges. Then a silicone bead between the inner edge and glass.
I will be doing the same thing with the front glass as well.(using 1x4’s and 1x6’s)

image.jpg

image.jpg

SeabeeShrek

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2022
Cape Coral, Florida
As far as fish go, going with assorted koi, comets and a ripsaw catfish.
The koi are in a grow out tank right now. They started out 3” and have tripled in size. Hopefully they will be moving by next month.🤞

SeabeeShrek

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2022
Cape Coral, Florida
Finally got the front viewing panel in(72x42 oval table top). I had a minor setback, apparently epoxying the sides before the middle was a no go. The rear most panel developed a warp, so I had to remove it and start over.
I must say this though, the Loctite Ultimate adhesive works as advertised. When using it, you better have the panel where you want it before putting pressure on it. It sets in 10 minutes. My son and I had a hell of a time moving it 1/2 an inch 😂😂.
On Friday the braces come off and I can get started with the second frame and a better seal.

IMG_6333.jpeg

IMG_6334.jpeg

IMG_6335.jpeg

IMG_6336.jpeg

SeabeeShrek

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2022
Cape Coral, Florida
From inside the tank. I have to build up around the glass with 1x4’s and fiberglass/epoxy. Then silicone around it. I may install a second layer of plywood and another double seal of silicone.
I also have to fix the back wall where the braces dug through the epoxy.
Third picture is 1of 2 areas that need addressed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_6368.jpeg

SeabeeShrek

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2022
Cape Coral, Florida
Filling in around the table top. I will be siliconing the gaps around the table top edge as well as the gaps between the boards. Then I will encase all of that with a plywood section with a smaller hole cut in it, roughly 2” smaller. Then silicone that lip forming a second seal.
The boards and glass are flush.

IMG_6380.jpeg

IMG_6381.jpeg

IMG_6382.jpeg

SeabeeShrek

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2022
Cape Coral, Florida
I just sealed the glass with silicone and filled all of the wood seams with liquid nails. Next step is to install the second layer of plywood which will cover the glass by 2”. Providing another barrier.

SeabeeShrek

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2022
Cape Coral, Florida
Got the second layer of 3/4” plywood installed. The glass panel is now sandwiched between two layers of plywood. It’s siliconed all the way around the glass under this one and will have a second layer of silicone around the lip as well.

IMG_6449.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store