super red scalare

rweedon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
pullman washington
ok so this is about angelfish (the wussiest of the cichlids) I just bought 2 juvenile super red scalare angels would like to know what they look like when they grow out... keeping with 2 large red rainbows, 3 silver dollars, 1 jurapari, and a pair of juvenile clown loaches... Any info is appreciated!.!.!

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
It's a little tough to guess. You didn't mention the strain you bought, how much you paid (an indicator of the strain), and you didn't post a pic. Here's a couple of shots of a juvie and adult reds of different strains.

superredangel.gif

superredangel2.gif

superredangel3.gif

rweedon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
pullman washington
mine were 14 dollars a piece and right now they are a light silver with black spotting and some red in their gills and behind their eyes...

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
At that price, they're most likely not going to develop much red in them. The reds in my lower pic run a couple hundred bucks each and even those aren't full reds. As far as I've been able to find out, the so-called full reds from asia are hormone treated and will fade in 6 months. The european strains being developed are the only true reds I've seen to date. And, the more solid red strains haven't made it to the US yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store