tank foot print for fahaka

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
So there was a little debate on another thread. I stated that I like to have 2x fish length in depth, and 4x long. Somebody else (sorry dude I can't remember your handle) thought that the tank was unnecessarily big at 36x72. Then it occurred to me that nobody has tanks this size, but there are plenty of fahakas in the world. So the question would be, is a 24" deep tank really enough?
We concluded that it was a matter of personal opinion mostly.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You should tag the fellow that you were going back and forth with so he can come on and share his thoughts.

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
Well I'm glad somebody has a memory!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It ain't what it used to be lol!

FahakaPapa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Every time I see his name I wonder if he's Maori.
Sorry but who or what is Maori? lol My tank is 40" long x 30" wide x 32" deep. Makes for about 166 gallons. I apologize for not replying earlier, but I was away all weekend. I find my tank plenty big for my Fahaka. Lots of swimming room. I just don't think anything bigger is required. Now if we start talking about an MBU, it's a different story. But my fish is almost 12 years old (pretty sure finished growing) and is only about 11-12". I know it's a female because she has covered the tank in eggs a time or two.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sorry but who or what is Maori? lol My tank is 40" long x 30" wide x 32" deep. Makes for about 166 gallons. I apologize for not replying earlier, but I was away all weekend. I find my tank plenty big for my Fahaka. Lots of swimming room. I just don't think anything bigger is required. Now if we start talking about an MBU, it's a different story. But my fish is almost 12 years old (pretty sure finished growing) and is only about 11-12". I know it's a female because she has covered the tank in eggs a time or two.
Interesting,what became of the eggs,did she eat them or did you remove them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store