• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Coming from a guy who'd probably win the ugliest empty plastic box tank of the year perhaps just for sheer size, I must say all these 6 are pieces of art and labors of love. Eye candy and serenity-now are all of them! Great job ya'll. I truly, truly have no desire to pick one, but sounds like I have to... Gotta hit the scorecards now, too many beautiful punches thrown and landed... :)

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Voted!! Great entries from 2020.

Reactions: tlindsey

Zak03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2018
Salem, Oregon. USA
all are amazing tanks. not just saying that, i mean it.

However, I do think it's a toss-up between #1 and #6 because it seems to me that they'd require the most effort to maintain (Is that BBA in #1??? Great job). All the others are pretty simplistic (which is understandable when dealing with bigger, aggressive fish). #5 is really awesome and pretty, but to me personally, the lack of plants and the consequent lack of color variation and vibrancy is what places it behind tanks #1 and #6.

My Opinion/reaction
The drift wood on the ends look great and helps "wrap" the presentation of the tank, but if they reached just a bit further and also had a branch or two reaching down it would give it a more natural look.

The hardscape and the plant density gives the tank a good natural look, but the hornwort... i don't really like it. Good tank tho.

GentleGiantsCichlidKeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2020
Toronto, Canada
all are amazing tanks. not just saying that, i mean it.

However, I do think it's a toss-up between #1 and #6 because it seems to me that they'd require the most effort to maintain (Is that BBA in #1??? Great job). All the others are pretty simplistic (which is understandable when dealing with bigger, aggressive fish). #5 is really awesome and pretty, but to me personally, the lack of plants and the consequent lack of color variation and vibrancy is what places it behind tanks #1 and #6.

My Opinion/reaction
The drift wood on the ends look great and helps "wrap" the presentation of the tank, but if they reached just a bit further and also had a branch or two reaching down it would give it a more natural look.

The hardscape and the plant density gives the tank a good natural look, but the hornwort... i don't really like it. Good tank tho.
I wish I had thought that deeply about this :clap:ROFL:.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store