Terrarium🤔

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My daughter mentioned setting up a terrarium last week. Noticed water near the front corner of the 29 gallon. I assumed it was water from filling the aquarium. After thoroughly checking the stand realized it was a leak. Well it looks like I may be using aquarium for the terrarium. I only had a fish in it that I was thinking about getting rid of. The cat is not happy because it was his drinking water 😆
Pic of confused cat.
20240402_132543.jpg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Well that’s one way to to do it…
What were you thinking for the terrarium?

Reactions: tlindsey

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Nothing wrong with using an old aquarium for plants Tom. I have an old 10g tank that I have a load of baby Calatheas in.

I have a layer of gravel across the bottom which I keep wet, and a polycarbonate lid to keep it humid. The humidity level in that tank is 90% and my young calatheas love it.

Thing is, that tank isn't even damaged, it holds water, lol. It's even still got the thermometer strip on the outside, lol.

IMG_20240403_205043_HDR.jpg

Also, I went to my LFS over the weekend. I heard they were closing down so I went over to confirm it with staff. And they are! In June.

They had loads of empty salt encrusted 75g stock tanks from the marine side all stacked up for sale. All they wanted was £5 each!! I thought about what I could have done with a few of them in my plant/fish room, but then my thoughts quickly turned to what the wife would have done to me if i'd have taken a truck full home, lol.

So I left them!

Last edited:

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Nothing wrong with using an old aquarium for plants Tom. I have an old 10g tank that I have a load of baby Calatheas in.

I have a layer of gravel across the bottom which I keep wet, and a polycarbonate lid to keep it humid. The humidity level in that tank is 90% and my young calatheas love it.

Thing is, that tank isn't even damaged, it holds water, lol. It's even still got the thermometer strip on the outside, lol.

View attachment 1539106

Also, I went to my LFS over the weekend. I heard they were closing down so I went over to confirm it with staff. And they are! In June.

They had loads of empty salt encrusted 75g stock tanks from the marine side all stacked up for sale. All they wanted was £5 each!! I thought about what I could have done with a few of them in my plant/fish room, but then my thoughts quickly turned to what the wife would have done to me if i'd have taken a truck full home, lol.

So I left them!
That's a very nice setup especially for the young plants.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
My daughter mentioned setting up a terrarium last week. Noticed water near the front corner of the 29 gallon. I assumed it was water from filling the aquarium. After thoroughly checking the stand realized it was a leak. Well it looks like I may be using aquarium for the terrarium. I only had a fish in it that I was thinking about getting rid of. The cat is not happy because it was his drinking water 😆
Pic of confused cat.
View attachment 1539105
Nice!

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have a 180 that got slightly pulled apart during an earthquake, now it only holds up to maybe(?) 90 to 100 gallons.
So I'm using it as QT tank.
IMG_9319.jpegIMG_9166.jpeg
It sits on a concrete slab, with no filter, only a wave maker, and lots of water lettuce to eat nutrients.
It last inhabitants were some wild caught tetras suspected of carrying Lernaea.
IMG_9157.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store