Topaz and Mekong puffer's

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
Which one would be best to keep in fresh water 29 gal ?
I don't know too much about them i'm tring to find a suitable puffer/s for my new set up i've done some reading up about all types off puffer's but not getting too far.
Nothing beat's personal experience so all info would be great thanks.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
You should stick to one thread on the same subject and stay in the correct category. It easier for folks to find/respond to your queries and easier for you to track.

The topaz puffer is brackish and does not live long in freshwater. The Mekong puffer (Tetraodon suvatti is a FW puffer that can be kept with a similar species like the dragon puffer (Tetraodon palembagensis). The latter 2 are not the most active of puffers. They prefer to hang out at the mouth of their caves and come out when food is present. These puffs feed on minnows (and other fish), mussels, raw/live shrimp, and live crayfish. I haven't been able to get mine onto prepared or non-living foods.

Not the best pic but, here's a palembagensis with a half dozen shiners in his belly.

dragon.jpg

View attachment 1101018

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
Oddball said:
You should stick to one thread on the same subject and stay in the correct category. It easier for folks to find/respond to your queries and easier for you to track.

The topaz puffer is brackish and does not live long in freshwater. The Mekong puffer (Tetraodon suvatti is a FW puffer that can be kept with a similar species like the dragon puffer (Tetraodon palembagensis). The latter 2 are not the most active of puffers. They prefer to hang out at the mouth of their caves and come out when food is present. These puffs feed on minnows (and other fish), mussels, raw/live shrimp, and live crayfish. I haven't been able to get mine onto prepared or non-living foods.

Not the best pic but, here's a palembagensis with a half dozen shiners in his belly.
yeah sorry about not keeping it with the same topic got a little confused with what i was doing.

you see the dragon puffer i can't seem to find any infomation on them i've tried a google search and nothing.
Do you have any links?

The Asellus Puffer you mentioned earlyer is that a more brackish water fish ?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Try looking up Tetraodon palembagensis so you don't have to worry about common names.

The Assel's puffer (aka peruvian puffer) is FW, not brackish. Also check out **************.com and puffers.org

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store