True Siamese Tigerfish (Datnoides pulcher) are available again

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
The guy that told me has seen videos of the parents and he’s been in the game a very long time. I first met him on here actually. Probably 15 years ago now. I have no reason to doubt him either. He had one of the best tiger collections I’ve ever seen.
He doesn’t come on here anymore which is a shame. But since I’ve returned I have noticed the number of hobbyist in general has seriously declined.
Hmm maybe I know him since I’ve been around here for 15 years too lol. Yeah people come and go or are on other platforms. You should ask him to send you a vid cause that would clear things up. Make me a believer Wrinkle.

Wrinkle_gang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2023
I’ll ask him. He also said there are ST breeding in a lake with IT in Malaysia and these are called MT I think?

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I know little of datnoids, but i know people. Ive always suspected the rumors that ST were extinct in the wild were marketing ploys, designed to drive up prices of an already exclusive fish. Its always smacked of hubris (to me, anyway) that people think themselves of such import that they can so easily wipe out another species. Bah, humans....

Only thing that will ever solve anything about these fish is genetic evidence. There will always be someone from another camp claiming its a hybrid, fake, convincing poser. And there will always be shady claims of secret lakes and breeding operations that are so conveniently never confirmed with any evidence. So much cash involved and over what? A difference in stripe patterns?

You dat people are nuts lol

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I dnt want to post too much pics from Kevin to derail this trend. Here’s one of the ST Kevin brought in two years ago. If this not a ST I don’t know what is! They might be gone in rivers but they’re still in peoples aquarium in Asia. The tornado/dagger bar is dead on this fish!

View attachment 1516178
This is prob $15k+ fish

Reactions: Rotaryp04s
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store