Upcoming project: Creativity, Form and Function.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Here are most of the components of the new filtration for the 225. The goal here is to increase efficiency/effectiveness and make the filters part of the background. Tall glass vases will be used. I had to reorder a different design vase because of the intake flow of the powerheads. Water will siphon in through openings in the vase, up through the media, and out through the powerhead.

Pan shot of materials.

pan 1.jpg

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
1 1/2 pvc with T joint at base. The t joint will enhance circulation through the media and eliminate dead spots at the bottom. May drill holes in pvc or roll stiff mesh inside and extend to t joint. Haven't decided on that yet. Mesh would have to be stiff enough and waterproof. Or perforated pipe section that would work if I can find it.

alt 2.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Krylon. The trick is to feather and layer colors lightly, not paint one flat color. This makes plumbings/fixtures not only disappear but look natural without adding extra material.**TIP** try this on airhoses too!!! Get black tubing and spot color it with green or brown. The hoses will almost disappear and look like vines because the color is broken up. Its very effective when using airstones instead of seeing long tubing trail through the tank.

Use any muted colors in flat finish. Gray, brown, burgundy, green, blue. Use black sparingly unless using a black background.

krylon.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Using some of this media in addition to what I already have. BUT...read the memo about replacement. Like, why? Does it dissolve? Explode? Disappear? So much hype but it needs 6 month replacement???? And no, you don't fnd out about this in product description. But it's nice of them to put this info on the box after you purchase!

Diagram incoming.

bio fx.jpg

odd info.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Will be watching how this develops.
Have you looked into Fluid Sand Filters. They offer a lot in a small package
I did look at those! Always wondered if they lost BB if the power was out. And how long the surface area would hold bb with no motion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store