Update ? turtles !

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Be sure that the bucket is situated somewhere that won't cause it to cool down rapidly below its original temperature. Avoid strong vibrations, such as from heavy foot traffic. And while training them, don't keep looking over top of the bucket to see what's going on. They will become tame and relaxed very quickly. Food will disappear very quickly; poop will appear a bit slower. :)

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
Be sure that the bucket is situated somewhere that won't cause it to cool down rapidly below its original temperature. Avoid strong vibrations, such as from heavy foot traffic. And while training them, don't keep looking over top of the bucket to see what's going on. They will become tame and relaxed very quickly. Food will disappear very quickly; poop will appear a bit slower. :)
Will do and thank you ! Would noise count as vibrations ? Like just talking or the tv being on?

Reactions: tlindsey

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Will do and thank you ! Would noise count as vibrations ? Like just talking or the tv being on?
Only if it's so loud that the concussion is felt in the air. :)

No, turtles won't detect or react to normal sounds transmitted in air.

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
So I‘ve been really inactive for the last couple of years but I decided to come back full force again into the hobby and back into mfk. Having said that I recently got my first fish again after 5 years out of the hobby and it’s a little electric blue acara, I got him at petco (I know I’ll do better next time) and he’s living in my 30 gallon turtle grow out as of now. I truthfully don’t know where to add this thread but considering he’s living with my turtles and this is I guess an update I’ll put it here. So down to the nitty gritty in the aquarium it’s around 9inches full with water, I’ve added in some of that dirt that makes plants grow better, I got three golden ribbon plants and two pothos stems I’m trying to grow, there’s a 60 gal canister filter, and the other inhabitants of the aquarium are my caramel red ear slider and my pink belly side neck turtle. They both are around 2inches and my acara is around an inch, he’s been in there for about a day and the turtles don’t really care for him. Also this is just a growout for the turtles as they are still small I’m gonna be getting them a stock tank when they grow bigger. I’ll add pictures of them right now but keep in mind I’m not the best photographer nor aquascaper.

View attachment 1525792

View attachment 1525793

View attachment 1525794

View attachment 1525795

View attachment 1525800

View attachment 1525801

View attachment 1525802
The acara looks SO happy in this photo

Reactions: MatteoTheEnder22

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
Only if it's so loud that the concussion is felt in the air. :)

No, turtles won't detect or react to normal sounds transmitted in air.
Alright well then I think I’m in the clear, there’s no concussion here as far as I’m aware of lmao

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
The acara looks SO happy in this photo
Bros a happy lil guy, he’s extremely active I see him farting across the tank the whole day and sometimes he’ll hide in the plants or under the rocks but most of the time he’s just swimming up and down across the water. Very nice fish imo, he also like stares at the turtles sometimes and the turtles do the same.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store