Veild and plat surprise pairing

FiremouthGem

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2014
Pennslyvania
Came home from work and found these two guarding what looks to be eggs. Not intentional but exciting. One is a Plat the other is a veiled. Not expecting the eggs to survive with the snails, the parents and a couple other angels if they are even fertile.image.jpg64B90EB7-9B7D-4157-B017-2EE8591E7EAC.jpegimage.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel36

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hawaii
Reactions: Rtc/tsn

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I have a vague memory of when I joined of a pair of Angels laying eggs, but they never hatched. If I can get a close up of the eggs that’s high quality photo, I could determine if they are fertile.

FiremouthGem

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2014
Pennslyvania
Don’t know much about breeding but would it be possible to isolate the eggs?
I have a little breeding net/pen I plan on putting the cuttings of the plants in on expedite shipping from amazon and put it over the bubbler to keep things arated. don't think they are fertile but hey I am just excited.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I have a little breeding net/pen I plan on putting the cuttings of the plants in on expedite shipping from amazon and put it over the bubbler to keep things arated. don't think they are fertile but hey I am just excited.
If I found eggs in my tank I’d freak out too. Mainly because there’s only a single flowerhorn in the tank but also because there’s eggs.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
If I found eggs in my tank I’d freak out too. Mainly because there’s only a single flowerhorn in the tank but also because there’s eggs.
I’ve found plenty of eggs in my tank, mostly because there are a pair of corys. But female cichlids will also drop eggs, I’m pretty sure. Patch from FINWIN FINWIN ’s thread drops eggs, right?

Reactions: jjohnwm

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I’ve found plenty of eggs in my tank, mostly because there are a pair of corys. But female cichlids will also drop eggs, I’m pretty sure. Patch from FINWIN FINWIN ’s thread drops eggs, right?
Lays eggs...does she ever. Sometimes it looks like her tank has new substrate...:screwy:

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

P4.jpg

P5.jpg

Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store