WAL Not eating

arowanaman85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Vandergrift, PA
Yeah it's rare but if people get the larval stage that is normal in pigs it can go into your brain and mess u up and eventually kill u. We usually get the worm stage since we eat animals that have the larval stage get the larval from eating feces of animal with the worm. Something like 1-2k cases a year in us so pretty rare.

If u have it in ur brain and take the meds(prezi) the larval are no longer able to disguise themselves from ur immune system and ur body will attack the cycst and surrounding brain tissue, it can cause sesures(no love spell check?) and death

arowanaman85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Vandergrift, PA
Cleaned out the tank and tossed in blood worms last night

Removed all the shrimp and guppies so I knew it wasn't then no blood worms in the tank but a few attached to sponge so threw in some more and finally have seen him eating them. Guess his mouth is smaller or his eyes think it's smaller cause wouldn't of guessed that he would prefer such small pieces of food.

So seems like problem is solved

Was wondering how he managed to keep popping was removing a large turd every time I added blood worms. Guess that was proof enough....

arowanaman85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Vandergrift, PA
So I'll be mixing in krill pellets with the blood worms and hopefully start packing on size.

arowanaman85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Vandergrift, PA
Not sure if he is staring at his reflection or just searching for food but seems more comfortable with out tank mates

image.jpeg

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
I had the same problem, when I got my first Wal.

Live fish are left alone, and macrobrachium usually eat the lung fish slime.

Try frogs, or nightcrawlers, I got. Mine to eat night crawlers, and after that it ate everything I tried to feed it.

Reactions: arowanaman85
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store