What is this? A blood parrot? A red devil? A Midas? A hybrid?

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
That is probably for the best, Zeon@. Let us know if you need help finding a substitute (if you do get a replacement fish).
Yeah I’ve given back fish to my local store before and they take care of them good, If you have any recommendations that would be great for a 40g Mabye a 55

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
For a 40 g or 55 g, you could do an EBA, a Convict, Platinum or Convict Parrots, etc. It depends on what other stock you intend, or already have, to put in the tank.

Reactions: Zeon

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I have 3 convicts, 1 eba and a firemouth right now looking for like 1 more unless you suggest more
Um....and you said this is going into a 40 or 55 g tank? You are already pretty heavily stocked as all of those fish are around the 6-8 mark as adults. I think you should cut back, especially if you get a 40 g.

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
Um....and you said this is going into a 40 or 55 g tank? You are already pretty heavily stocked as all of those fish are around the 6-8 mark as adults. I think you should cut back, especially if you get a 40 g.
Ok, but most of the fish are females so they wont be huge males (mainly the convicts wont get huge)

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
Ill probably just get rid of the orange hybrid and keep it as it is and if they start to get too big I’ll eventually upgrade

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
You could play with aquascaping since more fish aren't much of an option. If you want to upgrade the tank's looks, get some new driftwood, rocks, and live plants. There are plenty that are incredibly easy to do if you've never done live plants.

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
You could play with aquascaping since more fish aren't much of an option. If you want to upgrade the tank's looks, get some new driftwood, rocks, and live plants. There are plenty that are incredibly easy to do if you've never done live plants.
I was probably going to get spider wood from my local store and use some Anubis and java fern, thank you for all the help

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I was probably going to get spider wood from my local store and use some Anubis and java fern, thank you for all the help
Yw! And you could also really change the looks of the tank with a 3D background, but the downside to those is they take up valuable space in your tank.

Reactions: Zeon
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store