What kind of P. Bass is this?

Cichlidgeek

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
New Jersey
Florida's Cichla are hybrids between C. ocellaris from Guyana and C. monoculus from eastern Brazil.

As for Axelrod's Cichla, who cares?

Arapaimaman

In Loving Memory
Aug 27, 2005
Central Florida
The background of the picture looks like Lake Guri where I fished in 1987.I was tould by our engilsh speaking guide that when the dam was build and the farms that had ponds,they held both species of p.bass and they have cross breed.

Cichlidgeek

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
New Jersey
Pat McGee said:
The background of the picture looks like Lake Guri where I fished in 1987.I was tould by our engilsh speaking guide that when the dam was build and the farms that had ponds,they held both species of p.bass and they have cross breed.

Yes, I have heard this before. When the crossbreed the young will look like temensis for quite some time. As they grow, thy begin to look like an ugly combination of both and very very very highly variable. Lake Guri has some of the nicest C. temensis that I have ever seen. Venezuela's finest IMHO.

Arapaimaman

In Loving Memory
Aug 27, 2005
Central Florida
I have fished in the Amazon all over South America.It's just a guess.There are no trees on the land in the back ground that I can see.Your are right you can't see much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store