Whats the cadillac of wet dry's for a fresh water tank?

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
Wet/Dry is to bulky and has maintenance. I'd go Kaldness all day. Small, extremely efficient, no maintenance and quiet for the win :)
While I agree with the rest of this, fluidized is not quiet unless you have done some serious dampening on your stand lol
I am currently in the process of redoing mine so that I can try and get it quiet, right now I can hear it almost anywhere in the house.
But I would agree, cadillac of sumps IMO would be Fluidized kaldnes. Practically no maintenance, as long as you get the mechanical filtration part done correctly.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
While I agree with the rest of this, fluidized is not quiet unless you have done some serious dampening on your stand lol
I am currently in the process of redoing mine so that I can try and get it quiet, right now I can hear it almost anywhere in the house.
But I would agree, cadillac of sumps IMO would be Fluidized kaldnes. Practically no maintenance, as long as you get the mechanical filtration part done correctly.

Interesting. The only thing that made noise on my 300 was the overflow water. I did have lids on my k1 and closed the doors to the stand. My k1 was constant, no k1 sound. I do recall posting a video but the sound was no where near the sensitivity of the video.

I used half a bag and a LPH26 Linear Piston air pump with 6 air stones to move my k1, what did you use? Maybe our setups are the difference?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store