what's your worst purchase

freeskierrocket

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
SouthEast, PA, USA
well I ended up putting my 5 '' electric cat in my 125 african tank................and it;s been 3 days ..................I have not seen the fish since...............flashlight and all.......he is either an excellent "ghost" or only out at night..............................and no he did not jump out............. ....that i know of................:nilly: :nilly: .................All fry are accounted for that i know of......................................

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
tanks: always end up buying things like 29g's for growouts, really should save money a buy a couple larger tanks rather than wasting money on smaller ones..

fish: worst purchase probably 10 wild rbps I bought, they started tearing each other up within days of having them(establishing order) and I couldn't take the cloudy eyes and torn lips so I gave them to the lfs..

astronatus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
Kansas
I've tried two clown knife's. One in my pond that disappeared without a trace (I assume it was eaten), and one in my 125 that was hounded to death in only about 12 hours by a puny little Jewel Cichlid. Pathetic. No wonder I never see any larger than 5 inches.

large_cichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
cichlid city
my worst purpose was a red belly piranha around 6 inches.i would never buy another in my life:irked: they are wussies.they are afraid of their own shadow as they will flip out of the tank as u aproach them

mike C

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2006
Alberta, Canada
My worst purchase was a Yellow Tang...believe it or not. It killed 350 wholesale dollars of marine fish which if I had bought at a petshop I whould have paid 700.00 for. I actually walked in on it doing its dastardly deed. The tang would swim up beside a fish and then erect its spines ( those little white lines at base of tail ) and slap them into the fishes body over and over again. He killed all the fish in the tank in 1 day while I was at work. Let me tell you...he went for a toilet ride.

missyme06

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2006
United States
it was probly walmart, i went in to the one near my house a month ago and all the fish had ick so i told a manager and segested some meds. went back resently to see if things had improved. different fish in the tanks mostly dead and the ones that are still alive all have ick.

roybryan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2006
georgia
bought a silver dollar from wal mart took it home a day later developed ick, it spread to a couple other fish red tail cudda got ick put it in a hospital tank, wife called me at work said it died went home at lunch stuck my hand in the tank to retrieve the body shocked the piss out of me, heater broke fried my cudda

inline4

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
i didn't purchase them but i decided to go to the local pond and catch some weekly stocked rainbow trout.
i kept 3 small ones about 4 inches each. threw them into my established fish tank.
the trout survived, ate, and bullied the other fish for about 2 weeks then all the rainbow trout croaked at the same time. after that all my fish started croaking. i think out of 30 fish only 15 survived. must have introduced some kind of weird parasite or disease into my tank. makes me think twice about eating stocked rainbows.

it was fun having trout in the tank though, even though it was tropical, lol.

Crustman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
About a month ago, I purchased 2 Tiger Shovelnose catfish at about 3-4 inches. I put them in the tank at around noon and later that night, I was looking with a flashlight and saw my Florida gar with a catfish in his mouth. I never saw him eat the other guy but they were both gone in the morning. I thought the catfish would hide and grow quickly so the gar couldn't eat them. He didn't eat a plecostomus that was just a little larger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store