whitespot

I_Luv_Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
hi fellow fish lovers i found out a way to get rid of my cichlids "ick" by putting a few drops of my tap water conditioner (per day for a week) called BIO-safe by marineland labs and i got rid of the witespot!!! :)

I_Luv_Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
piranha45 said:
this is an ich treatment which doesn't affect biological filtration?
well it is used for taking out the chloramine or chlorine but it worked to get rid of the ich and it doesnt affect biological filtration

rollerboy244

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2005
over a month ago,i introduced ich into my 180 community tank when i got an order from the west coast---oops don't have quarantine tank.Killed 2 of the six red-line torpedo barbs that i ordered and two of my boesmani rainbows,i raised the temperature a couple of degrees for 12 hours I refuse to medicate,i think that does more damage---my fish were super healthy--i think my boesmani of all my fish were not the healthiest--inbreedin' only other fish to get symptoms was my awesome redtail shark he shook it off now there has not been any signs of ich since.I think suspectability is the greatest threat from disease--healthy aquarium and fish is probably the cure

guesswho2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Medowlakes,Alaska
rollerboy244 said:
over a month ago,i introduced ich into my 180 community tank when i got an order from the west coast---oops don't have quarantine tank.Killed 2 of the six red-line torpedo barbs that i ordered and two of my boesmani rainbows,i raised the temperature a couple of degrees for 12 hours I refuse to medicate,i think that does more damage---my fish were super healthy--i think my boesmani of all my fish were not the healthiest--inbreedin' only other fish to get symptoms was my awesome redtail shark he shook it off now there has not been any signs of ich since.I think suspectability is the greatest threat from disease--healthy aquarium and fish is probably the cure
Here here, introduced ICH when I purchased some Clown Loaches, LFS called to tell all theirs were sick opps to late tried several meds killed over 38 fish now with no end in site. Got on site and posed the question and the overwhleming response was raise temp and add salt and hope. For all of us who want results quickly this was not what i wanted to hear. Then sitting back and looking over my notes from years ago I posted a note to my self, "take your time, small stepps predeictable results, move to quickly and take a big steps uncontrollable results". I had to sit on my hands and wait. no more dead for over a week now and now more ICH. I slowly lowered temp and everything is well. I say you had very healthy fish and were lucky this time. Some of the ICH is now being refered to as super ICH. Good luck.

Daddyo72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2005
Salt and increased temperature are all you need to cure ICH. BTW, since I started adding salt to my tanks years ago, I never get ICH.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
Daddyo72 said:
Salt and increased temperature are all you need to cure ICH. BTW, since I started adding salt to my tanks years ago, I never get ICH.
marine salt or aquarium salt? what ratio to water?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store