wolf fish info please..

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
guys, kindy share some info and pics of the Erythrinus erythrinus.. please include your experience with aggression and what tankmates would be ok with them.. also, if it would be easy to get them to feed on frozen foods :)

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
I don't know which would fish that is I'm not good with scientifics.. I had a wolf fish. I guess a "common" I kept him for 6 months or so. I could never get him to take anything but live food.. This is why I got rid of him. I regret it now though. Definately a bad ass fish. He was pretty inactive when not feeding. He would however put on a show when fed crayfish. He would seriously take them in his mouth and ram the glass with them.

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
kido said:
guys, kindy share some info and pics of the Erythrinus erythrinus.. please include your experience with aggression and what tankmates would be ok with them.. also, if it would be easy to get them to feed on frozen foods :)
Check out this web page mate should help you in some way.

http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Tanks/mytank10.htm

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
I don't know which would fish that is I'm not good with scientifics.. I had a wolf fish. I guess a "common" I kept him for 6 months or so. I could never get him to take anything but live food.. This is why I got rid of him. I regret it now though. Definately a bad ass fish. He was pretty inactive when not feeding. He would however put on a show when fed crayfish. He would seriously take them in his mouth and ram the glass with them. I had mine with 11 bucktooth tetras that he slowly picked off at a rate of about one a week until there were none left. I have seen LFS keep relatively big ones with cichlids... EX..

The tank is probably roughly 240-300 gallons.. The wolf fish was about 15 inches.
They had with him big cichlids.. like 10 inch plus midas, dovii, shovelnose cat, clown knife, big pacus, rtc, fh...

Hope this helps

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
i got a comon one also. aprox 5 inchs hasnt been agressive yet. Hes in with other cichlids and a ornate bichir. The cichlids be beefing all the time. but they never mess with him . Pretty docile so far. and is only eating live foods right now. But i got him looking at them pellets. Just a matter of time. Im only feeding it like twice a week right now . Trying to find out if he gonna take pellets eventualy

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
Trying to find out if he gonna take pellets eventualy
good luck with that dude it wont be easy

slavezer0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2005
Manila, Philippines
www.ahbcoe.tk
tried to keep one.
always hide.
prepare livefoods.
i think it's better if you keep them in 4 or more.
tried to mixed it on my cichlids community but found dead the following day.
slow grower.

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
thanks for the reply guys, keep em coming.. if you got pics of your wolves though please feel free to post them :)

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
slavezer0 said:
tried to keep one.
always hide.
prepare livefoods.
i think it's better if you keep them in 4 or more.
tried to mixed it on my cichlids community but found dead the following day.
slow grower.
hey thanks slave, what did you find dead the wolf or the cichlids? also was there any aggression of the wolf towards the cichlids?

ashdavid

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
Japan
I have a Xingu lower mac which is the goliath version of the common wolf, its personality is similar to a common wolf only the main difference is it reaching the lenght of about 4' or even bigger in the wild. Common wolfs are very aggresive and if you are going to have tank mates make sure they are much bigger than the wolf, even then it is hard to ensure the saftey of its tank mates. Wolf fish are great fish to own and if kept correctly they should be very outgoing, I will say that some speices are a little timid in bright lights. They will take dead foods live foods , it just depends on how you want to keep him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store