Wolf fish

vyasa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2005
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I've read about wolf fish and am interested in your views and opinions. What are they like to keep ? Other possible combintions with other fish etc... any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
I bought a hoplias malabaricus at 5 inches, he's now 8 inches and living with 2 oscars, a monster goldfish, and a texas cichlid.

He's the 3rd most boring fish ive owned after a raphael catfish and electric catfish.

oscar1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2005
there interesting but not entertaining at all, they hardley move and u will hardley see it eat.
i became very bored with mine after awhile. he just sat there motionless all the time.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
theyre like driftwood except they have a mouth and fins

very unpredictable to keep with other fish; tankmates not a good idea, unless you consider both tankmates and quite possibly the wolf fish itself expendable.

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
You would need an aquarium of about 40gals ( 48x12x15") to house just one of these fish as they can grow upto 20".

They are highly predatorial carnivourus.

Make sure you tank has a good dtrong lid on it as they are powerful fish and may jump.

Also there NOT an overly active fish, So overly large tanks are unnessacary a few robust plants and bogwood would be suficient !

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
They are very boring fish. They sit all day and never move, except when fed. They are pretty cool to watch eat, being an ambush predator and all. I was actually bitten by a nice sized wolf fish. It sucked-tooth broke off inside my finger, infection, the works. IMO, they aren't worth it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store