Wy has this Peacock Bass part of forum gone so ****e ?

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
R1 is who got me hooked on kelberi....back when I first saw a photo of one of his large kels with it's beautiful colors.I contactacted him we talked a bit and he explained to me that they were quite expensive back then,my have times changed lol.He did end up sending me some fish(not cichla)and you may not remember but you and I met at George's and I bought some fish from you a couple years ago.
I'm also amazed that the Intermedia and xingu are even still availible at this point but that's the times we are in as a few years ago they would have been all bought up.I wonder if anyone will ever be able to bring in the holy grail orino the Rio Nigro.
Thanks for the screen tip btw.
Yeah R1 was the man! I vaguely remember meeting up but that was many years ago. Was it Brazilian orinos that you got from me? I saw an update a few years later and they turned out fire! I can't believe shark aquaroum is gone too.
If you need any help or have any questions about the screen top, I can snap some photos for you

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I never kept Cichlas but I always enjoyed reading the subforum and learning about them. Forums in general are dying, not just fish ones. Forums have been popular for so long that most information, problems and events are well documented many times also.

Another downfall of forums, which I think reduces the activity level is that lots of haters , know it alls and flamers.
This is true but everyone should have a little down time. I don't know about you but I love photos especially ones that show progression.

So let me ask you a question. What stops you from grabbing a few cichla for your setup?

Reactions: JONNY CICHLA

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah R1 was the man! I vaguely remember meeting up but that was many years ago. Was it Brazilian orinos that you got from me? I saw an update a few years later and they turned out fire! I can't believe shark aquaroum is gone too.
If you need any help or have any questions about the screen top, I can snap some photos for you
Yep it was those orinos....ah the good old days of meeting up at Sharkaquarium.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think FB is killing the forums.....it's like what Walmart is doing to smaller retailers,one stop shopping,it's all in one place.

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Yep it was those orinos....ah the good old days of meeting up at Sharkaquarium.
How did they turn out for you? You now have monster aquariums and we still have aquascape. Do you know of any other local spots?

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I think FB is killing the forums.....it's like what Walmart is doing to smaller retailers,one stop shopping,it's all in one place.
I never go on Facebook ever. I don't even know how that would correlate to the hobby.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I never go on Facebook ever. I don't even know how that would correlate to the hobby.
I don't have an account but apparently there are plenty of discussion groups or pages dedicated to the hobby and a few members here have alluded to hanging out on them..heck the vendor Monster Pets has a page where they list their latest stock offerings.I guess it works better for them than having a dedicated web site.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
This is true but everyone should have a little down time. I don't know about you but I love photos especially ones that show progression.

So let me ask you a question. What stops you from grabbing a few cichla for your setup?
I love seeing progression threads and long term tank threads. A few weeks ago I started a thread in the feedback forum suggesting a member tanks section.

I haven't had a tropical freshwater tank for the past 2.5 to 3.5 years, until a couple of weeks ago. I only had marine and coldwater.

A few weeks ago I added a heater to my native tank so I can add a few stingrays. I have been thinking of getting some cichla's. I picked up my stingrays at Monster Aquariums and they had a few diffrent kinds. Maybe next week I will stop by and pick a few up.

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
yes its hard to get peacockbass in the UK" thats probley wy forums are so dead" But you guys in the States should find a lot easyer with the likes of Rapps and those oddball aquatic shops!

whots the price for young and adult bass over the pond for you guys?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store