You can save the world right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Please do not get me wrong, I am not judging you. so please not take offence. :)

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Having kids, procreation, you bring this up many times, procreation in its most basic purpose is to pass on ones DNA and add it to the pool. with out that there is no evolving. evolution takes place in the transfer or mixing of DNA. by your thinking you have done the greatest thing you can do to have the least impact on the the world. but this makes to contribution to the species or its evolution.
Hello; I agree that I have removed my particular set of genes from the overall human gene pool. While having an impact on human evolution is within the realm of the possible, I do not know how to evaluate this. One thing for sure is that you have posed a completly unique question. This concept has never been brought up before. Good thinking.

While often not wise to utter first thoughts, the only answer that comes quickly to mind is that the odds seem against it. While my genotype may have hidden treasures, the phenotype leaves a lot to be desired. I do appreciate being considered as worth something.

New thought; I am not sure it can be done but your post made me think of the value of a human gene catalogue. Say we take samples from every human. Examine and identify any that are in someway different or unknown. Somehow save and catalogue them all. Many, if not most, would be of no value. Some might be worth something and maybe could be in stock for when needed.

I ramble. No I did not think of the potential impact on human evolution. Have I doomed us?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
genetic cataloging is already being done. To save genes better than other and then use them to spawn a supper smart person, ridiculous, you can not raise a child to be a anything, good parenting will raise a good adult, all things being =. evolution takes place over millenniums, not a measure of time we think about when considering ourselves. but that is the big picture. your little drop not going make a dif more than likes. but if none add to the pool. the buck stops there.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
genetic cataloging is already being done. To save genes better than other and then use them to spawn a supper smart person, ridiculous, you can not raise a child to be a anything, good parenting will raise a good adult, all things being =. evolution takes place over millenniums, not a measure of time we think about when considering ourselves. but that is the big picture. your little drop not going make a dif more than likes. but if none add to the pool. the buck stops there.
I don't necessarily agree with your idea about how to evolve a "smarter" person, but I do think it is much more important to try and make sure we see more millennia first.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
amen to that!!

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
and i never said evolve into anything, let alone a smarter person, just that evolution takes place.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
and more often than not to a dead end.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
evolutionary wise we are the apex of the hominids so far, all others are extinct,

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Am I back to being more or less worthless? Oh well, that is more my natural state, just ask my x-wives.

I had in mind that perhaps gene groups might be identified and used to correct medical issues.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
a mans worth is his own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store