Peaceful "big fish" to go in a livebearer tank?

BadGaskets

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2023
I have a 120 cycling right now that will be mostly livebearers. Your usual swordtails, sailfins, guppies, hard water with moderately high pH and all. Planted.

I'm considering putting a "larger" single fish in there (something 8-10") just as a spectacle but am striking out on ideas that won't also eat the smaller livebearers.

I thought about a severum, they tend to be pretty chill if you keep them well fed but they get bigger than I'd prefer and won't really enjoy the hard water.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a 120 cycling right now that will be mostly livebearers. Your usual swordtails, sailfins, guppies, hard water with moderately high pH and all. Planted.

I'm considering putting a "larger" single fish in there (something 8-10") just as a spectacle but am striking out on ideas that won't also eat the smaller livebearers.

I thought about a severum, they tend to be pretty chill if you keep them well fed but they get bigger than I'd prefer and won't really enjoy the hard water.
They get close to 7 inches if conditions are right I suggest a group of Firemouth Cichlid.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I would recommend Discus. I have hard water, high ph and all of that and they are thriving.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store