creative way to hide sponge filters?

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
Hey guys.. anyone have pics or good ideas to hide large sponge filters? ( besides plants )
im not into doing a planted tank... an i dont really like the way fake plants look...
Hmmmmmmmmmm...............Usually when sponge filter is invovled with me, or any MONSTERFISHKEEPEER, the spongey is in a fry tank delicately circulating the water for fry..............I have never used a sponge filter in any of my main tanks...............But if you must hide one, try cover it moss..............Rubberband some fire moss on the tube and it will grow over the whole box...........BTW, replace the sponge filter with a much more up to date HOB, such as the AquaClear.................

dangerhack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2011
NJ
Hmmmmmmmmmm...............Usually when sponge filter is invovled with me, or any MONSTERFISHKEEPEER, the spongey is in a fry tank delicately circulating the water for fry..............I have never used a sponge filter in any of my main tanks...............But if you must hide one, try cover it moss..............Rubberband some fire moss on the tube and it will grow over the whole box...........BTW, replace the sponge filter with a much more up to date HOB, such as the AquaClear.................
HOB aquaclear??? no way!... i got 2 fx5 canisters much better .. not using a HOB on my 200 gallon
sponge filters are just added filteration not MAIN filteration

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store